Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Agency Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Agency Reporting

Hi, I was wondering if you can remove a paid collection agency account from your credit report.  I have a couple and called the CA and the said the best they could do was to mark them as paid.  I have another account with them and am in the process of sending them a PFD letter.  Should I try and include any past paid accounts with this letter?  Could I request a verify of those paid accouns?  Any help appreciated!!!!

dP

Message Edited by deadpools on 06-19-2007 07:49 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection Agency Reporting

GW letters are common practice for paid collections. Good luck!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if you can remove a paid collection agency account from your credit report. I have a couple and called the CA and the said the best they could do was to mark them as paid. I have another account with them and am in the process of sending them a PFD letter. Should I try and include any past paid accounts with this letter? Could I request a verify of those paid accounts? Any help appreciated!!!!
dP

Message Edited by deadpools on 06-19-2007 07:49 PM

It is worth a shot to try and include the old accounts with the PFD.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the paid collection, them offering to mark it as paid isn't offering you anything. They are already supposed to mark it as paid when you PIF so they aren't accurately reporting now.

I would first dispute with the CRAs as inaccurate. This will make the CA have to update it paid. Takes away the CA's "offer" and pushes them a little further to the wall to accept a PFD for everything, like Timothy suggested.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.