Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Agency

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Agency

Should I be able to get a collections acoount removed from my report?

I had an emergency room visit and never recieved a bill from the emergency physician's group.  The first I heard of it was from the collection agency which demanded that I pay immediately over the phone. I told them I would pay but first wanted to see an itemized bill so I could know what I am paying for.  They stated it was MY responsibility to find information about the bill from the orginal creditor, then I asked them for contact information for the orginal creditor and then they refused to provide it. After much hassle I found and paid the bill through the original creditor.  After checking my credit report it was still listed as an unpaid collection, I went through the dispute process and sent in proof of payment and corespondences with the original creditor.  NOW it shows up as a paid collection.

Since I never recieved a bill in the first place and paid as soon as I was notified this shouldn't even still be listed as a collection at all, right? What else can I do?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Agency

Tell them that you were treated at the emergency room for Tuberculosis, but that you will be right down there to talk to them and settle this little misunderstanding.

But seriously, if I were you, I'd go back to the hospital and try to work something out with them.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi abcdefghi, welcome to the forum!   please read check out this link  it is for newbies & is full of info. also has the abbrevs that we all use

Who is reporting the OC and the CA   or just the CA?

IF  you paid the OC  and now the CA is reporting.....send a letter  CMRRR  to the CA

I see that on my CR  you are reporting that I paid you.  Please send me a copy of the cancelled check with your name as payee signed by me as proof that you are reporting accurate information. If I do not receive the proof with in 30  days  delete from my credit report!

DO NOT SIGN   just type you name! 

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-25-2008 07:41 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've already paid the ER physician group which contracts with this hospital but when I disputed it with equifax and sent proof and explanation it shows up as paid collection (rather than an unpaid collection). I want it REMOVED from my report, if they had only sent me a bill in the first place I would have paid it.   What can I do?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi abcdefghi, welcome to the forum! please read check out this link it is for newbies & is full of info. also has the abbrevs that we all use
Who is reporting the OC and the CA or just the CA?
IF you paid the OC and now the CA is reporting.....send a letter CMRRR to the CA
I see that on my CR you are reporting that I paid you. Please send me a copy of the cancelled check with your name as payee signed by me as proof that you are reporting accurate information. If I do not receive the proof with in 30 days delete from my credit report!
DO NOT SIGN just type you name!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-25-2008 07:41 PM

Will they actually delete this information if they don't have a copy of the check? By law, is this something that they actually keep on file?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.