Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections after 7 years removed....

tag
cocobutta
Established Member

Collections after 7 years removed....

...but can the creditor at some point in the future be readded if the collection is still not paid?
I have had 4 collections removed due to the fact they went past the 7 years. But can they add it back on? Thank you.
1/2/08 TU: 625 (634 as of 4/21/08) EX: 568 (586 as of 4/1/08) EQ: 645
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collections after 7 years removed....

They cannot legally re-add it. Congrats.
Message 2 of 7
cocobutta
Established Member

WOOHOO! Thansks for your response!! I've finally gotten my credit scores moving up and up and I definitely don't want anymore collections or negatives on my credit.
1/2/08 TU: 625 (634 as of 4/21/08) EX: 568 (586 as of 4/1/08) EQ: 645
Message 3 of 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Congrats (if the debt was inaccurate of course).  Smiley Happy
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It is set by the Fair Credit Reporting Act as per credit reporting time periods, somewhere in there anyway. To be double sure, you should print and save a copy of your CRs that show the deletion.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similiar situation....the original creditor was on my credit report as "bad debt". But after 6.5 years it was removed. Not even a week later, the collection agency ( i believe the 5th or 6th one that know has that account) put it on my report under "collections" What I am concerned about is that the ca has stated the date that it went "late" was recently!! Will that come off when the 7 years is up, or will they try to get another 7 years out of me?? Please help!!
Message 6 of 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Mikeyandres2 wrote:
I had a similiar situation....the original creditor was on my credit report as "bad debt". But after 6.5 years it was removed. Not even a week later, the collection agency ( i believe the 5th or 6th one that know has that account) put it on my report under "collections" What I am concerned about is that the ca has stated the date that it went "late" was recently!! Will that come off when the 7 years is up, or will they try to get another 7 years out of me?? Please help!!

and see the Frequently Requested Thread sticky as well here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=6834

You are going to want to DV that CA and then dispute it with the CRAs.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.