Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections dates and drop offs

tag
LittleCat
Contributor

Collections dates and drop offs

I have a collection for $193.00 from 3/2003 with Debt Recovery Systems....they refused several
PFD's even with offering full payment. Someone recently posted about them not arguing a dispute AFTER you have paid them....

My question is that if I pay it, and can't get it deleted, will the drop off date change to 7 more years, 2015 rather than 2010? will it update to being a recent collection??
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections dates and drop offs

what is the DOFD  from the OC?
Message 2 of 9
LittleCat
Contributor

February 2003
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

do you know your SOL?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had a CSR from DRS tell me they will not verify/dispute delete requests from the credit bureau once you pay in full. And I paid in full, then requested deletion due to payment in full through TU & EX, and they did it. But, they won't accept PFD letters.
Message 5 of 9
LittleCat
Contributor

The SOL is 4 years.

I am just really frightened of paying it, that it will reflect as a recent collection, How much can this collection hurt me now, at 5 years old?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would send the CA a DV    CMRRR       make them prove that it is your debt!   They might then accept a PFD.......as to scores    paid or unpaid means nothing.......IF reported by the OC as a CO  it hurts big time!!!  when it is a CA  not as much.

It must drop from CR  7 - 7.5 years from DOFD
Message 7 of 9
LittleCat
Contributor

I have DV'd them and it is valid....Does the date that it will drop off change and start the clocking again by paying this, assuming I can't get it deleted??
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

it will not start the clock (CRTP) after a CO      It might restart your SOL.

It will drop from your CR 7-7.5 years from DOFD   which is set by the OC

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-20-2008 11:51 AM
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.