Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confessions...of a credit geek

tag
vawt
Contributor

Re: Confessions...of a credit geek

I have a hard time not lecturing people on what they should do to raise their scores when credit gets brought up in a conversation.  Just don't want people to make the mistakes that you see everyone on the forums trying to recover from!

Scores June-09: EQ 798 TU-785
Scores Mar-09: EQ 792 (getting close) TU-782
Scores Feb-09: EQ- 786 EX- ??? TU-777
Scores Jan-09: EQ- 791 EX- 786 TU-765
Scores Aug-08: EQ- 786 EX- 779 TU- 737
Message 31 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

blue_moon wrote:
Found your confessions to be absolutely hysterical.  I know the feeling as I've become obsessed with my own credit score.  I'm still on the road to recovery but at least  I'm finally in the good range at 663  and working hard to become a member of the 700 club.   Funny how something as simple as three numbers can totally alter your perspective.  As a single female I use to look  at guys in nice, expensive cars and think, "Wow, how sexy".  Now I can only think...I bet his credit score sucks...Thank you so much for the laugh.

You typically have to have a pretty strong credit score to have an expensive car.  Smiley Wink
Message 32 of 47
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Nah, if you don't have a high score, you just have to be willing to pay a crazy high interest rate.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 33 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Nah, if you don't have a high score, you just have to be willing to pay a crazy high interest rate.

I guess it depends on how expensive we're talking.  You probbbbably aren't gonna get financed on a new Bentley with shoddy credit.  Smiley Very Happy
Message 34 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

talking about lecturing friends....I have an American friend who married a Brit and lived overseas for 15 years. So she was wondering out loud about whether she even still has credit in the US, how she could raise it, etc....I *did* warn her: "I know quite a bit about this, how much time do you have? How much detail do you want?" Smiley Happy
Message 35 of 47
miay2k4
Contributor

I have to admit that on those cold, dark, lonely nights; I often turn out all the lights, take the phone off the hook, lay in bed thinking if I had just checked the FICO forum before I disputed this or searched myfico for the answer for that.  If credit repair was offered in college, than I would have got an A++
07/2009 TU: 610 EQ: 566 EX:??
12/2009 TU: 626 EQ: 588 EX:??
05/2011 TU: 638 EQ: 622 EX:??
"Don't get caught up chopping wood to the point you forget to sharpen your axe"
Message 36 of 47
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Yes...I'm a credit geek!  I'll admit to noting the time I check my TC so that tomorrow I know when it's ok to look again.  As the page begins to load, I have the anxiety running thru me...pleeze pleeze pleeze...in hopes of the Sallie Mae or Cap 1 nasty grams suddenly missing from my TL's.  I get the rush when I see the Util % has dropped a few more points.  That big grin comes over my face when I see another months worth of the little green OK's have finally popped up!  Or when I see the notations stating Payment Amt $15 - Actual Pmt $150!!

Yes, I am officially addicted, but at least it's not fattening! Smiley Very Happy
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 37 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

miay2k4 wrote:
I have to admit that on those cold, dark, lonely nights; I often turn out all the lights, take the phone off the hook.....

Hmmm, I thought we were going in a whole other direction thereSmiley Happy
Message 38 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait, where can you see your util % on TC? I only ever look at scores/reports, and that's all. I must investigate more.
Message 39 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

LMAO.
Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.