Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting experian for first time

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contacting experian for first time

I have been trying to contact the big 3 credit agencies to initiate credit freezes on each..

Have succeded in contacting + making online accounts with EQF and TU. Each had different but seemingly comprehensive processes for account setup, etc.

However, for Experian:

• I went through a couple levels of info gathering on their account creation website and was then told I could not continue.
    • I was directed (only option given!) to contact them by regular or certified mail, detailing a laundry list of documentation that was required to be sent, including DOB, Address, utility bills, Govnt ID, SS#, etc..
  • I tried multiple customer service phone #s, including some posted recently on this forum, and every call required me to first key in or vocalize my SS#. (Against my better judgement) I tried both manners of input several times on those multiple phone #s, was consistently cut off either before or after I finished my attempt at data input, saying that they were unable to "Get That"

Is there an organized effort by Experian to deny people easy access to an online account for the purpose of freezing or otherwise dealing with their Experian credit score? Or am I experiencing an aberation, glitch or failure in my own personal efforts?

Thank you

CruelSun

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
stellar
Established Contributor

Re: Contacting experian for first time

same thing happened to me this week.  i tried to set up experian acct and had me upload dl/bill.  i did that, it said 5-7 days something. got no confirmation email, nothing. and the login ifo i set up didnt work afterward.

Message 2 of 4
stellar
Established Contributor

They sent me a letter saying I already got my free report this year but if I had credit denial or other reasons to request one, send the request in writing.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply and update.

I reloaded my browser tabs yesterday, and the Experian Tab that had the 'Sorry we can't help you, send us this long list of info by mail' message, now had a new login page.

I was able to get myself authenticated this time and have now succeded in getting a credit freeze established on Experian.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.