Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cortrust Bank CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cortrust Bank CC

Does anyone have a credit card with Cortrust?

I have one and the CL is $250. All my other CC's have limits of $1000 but this Cortrust CC wants to charge a fee of $59 to increase my limit so I never do. I hate them and they charge $6.50 fee per month, $6.00 payment fee and $79 per year but I don't want to cancel b/c I have been in good standing with them for over two years now and I read to not cancel so it doesn't hurt my already low scores.

any advice? Should I just pay to raise the limit to increase utilization? A lender told me the CL was way too low and that looks bad.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cortrust Bank CC

bump
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

do you have any other CC that is 2 or more years old.

I am paying $35 yr  for my Cap1   I keep it for length of time. I hate paying but with me I need it right now.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have other cc's that I have had for at least two years - all in good standing.

I recently paid off a cap1 collection Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the little $250 card since May 07. I called in once asking about a CLI, and they said they would send me a form to fill out and if I accepted, I they would charge a one time fee of $25 and increase my limit once a year. Anyways I never received the form, but they did charge me $25 and increased my limit to $350. I was planning to accept it anyway so I didn't complain. I don't think they will increase your limit unless you pay up. For me, it was worth it.
Message 5 of 6
SWISSOATL
Contributor

Cortrust is a mess with that AF Fee! I am about to close that account! do a BT and take the hit!

Its not worth it!
EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.