Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check Total - Cancel

tag
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Credit Check Total - Cancel

So I did the free week trial of Credit Check Total.  Something happened that hasn't happened before.   Usually I have long wait times on hold.  This time, I went through the phone system and selected the options to cancel.  It did an auto cancel based on my phone number.  I got an email to confirm cancellation after it was done.  No holding.  No waiting to speak to a rep.  Anyone else seen this happen yet?

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Check Total - Cancel

Update, it may have only cancelled my Experian app subscription.  I called another Experian number that BrutalBodyShots posted and I am on hold now to confirm what all was cancelled.

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is what happens when you cancel via automated system, it happened to me about 4 months ago. Rather than staying on hold forever on one of the CCT numbers, call the number on the Experian site to restore your Experian subscription with little hold time, the same CSR will be able to cancel your CCT at the same time.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few days ago I had the same experience with cancelling Experian IdentityWorks premium trial membership. The automated phone system verified my identify and just downgraded the subscription to the free CreditWorks basic in a few minutes. I could see the subscription change in my Experian account right after the call.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has been an issue for a handful of people. When you call to cancel, the automated system checks accounts associated with your credentials and the default is the creditworks account I believe. I thinks you want to cancel that, not CCT. If you have the free creditworks the automated system tells you it's free and that there's nothing to cancel and then hangs up on you. I've found this to be a bit annoying as well.
Message 5 of 7
radfam
Frequent Contributor

This seems to be the case with what I experienced.  I ended up calling back just to try to speak to a person to confirm that my CCT cancelled.  It had not and that CSR got the cancellation processed.  The automated system only downgraded my creditworks to free.

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, they should have some sort of menu option where you can select which product you are calling them about, as many people do have more than 1 product through Experian.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.