Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Inquiries 41

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Inquiries 41

Hello

I have 41 credit card inquires over last year . Went a little credit crazy how much will it affect my credit card approval chances.

Also I will be letting them age for another 8 months .

Then doing a credit spree.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Inquiries 41

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello

I have 41 credit card inquires over last year . Went a little credit crazy how much will it affect my credit card approval chances.

Also I will be letting them age for another 8 months .

Then doing a credit spree.

Well I have 38 on my Equifax report. Chase dont care, neither does SyncB or BoA for that matter! LOL 

Just got 27K of credit in the last 3 days from them. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks ,whats you fico scores right now ?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hahaha I thought my 12 credit inquiries was bad, but I guess not. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Grin, no wonder my recent foray into Credit.com suggests I have an A+ for not seeking new credit with only 4 inquires in the past 2 years.

That many inquiries likely have enough tradelines for now, 8 months is good, longer is better in terms of waiting.  Just my opinion, credit cards are pretty easy to obtain at this point.

Also depends what the inquiries were, if they were tacked on from mortgage or auto shopping, that's expected and no big deal.

        
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hahaha I thought my 12 credit inquiries was bad, but I guess not. Smiley Very Happy

+1, I've been so worried that I have 17 on my report

Message 6 of 12
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

All three are floating around ~700-710.

That being said, about 10 of my inquires are auto related since I got two new cars in the last year. 

Funny how they really dont care about inquires when doing auto loans. Got me into a 22K loan when I only made 36K a year. 

Thank God I totaled that car and crawled out from under that loan in one piece. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That being said, about 10 of my inquires are auto related since I got two new cars in the last year. 

Funny how they really dont care about inquires when doing auto loans. Got me into a 22K loan when I only made 36K a year. 

Hope you're okay from the accident. But I have a question..so lets say 10 are from auto loan shopping that leaves 31 inquiries. Are they all for CCs? any denials? did you have to recon alot after a certain number of inquiries?

Message 8 of 12
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hope you're okay from the accident. But I have a question..so lets say 10 are from auto loan shopping that leaves 31 inquiries. Are they all for CCs? any denials? did you have to recon alot after a certain number of inquiries?

I had to recon my BoA travel rewards back in november. He was like I see the inquiries but nothing negative on your report. So he approved me for 5K. 

The thing is, with Chase, BoA and SyncB I have extensive history going back to 2010 with perfect payment history. I know with Chase this weighs heavily and the BoA call rep mentioned my perfect history as well. 

With Chase the approvals have always been automatic and instant. Same with SyncB products. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had to recon my BoA travel rewards back in november. He was like I see the inquiries but nothing negative on your report. So he approved me for 5K. 

The thing is, with Chase, BoA and SyncB I have extensive history going back to 2010 with perfect payment history. I know with Chase this weighs heavily and the BoA call rep mentioned my perfect history as well. 

With Chase the approvals have always been automatic and instant. Same with SyncB products. 

Any trouble opening a barclaycard? I hear they aren't very forgiving with multiple new accounts

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.