Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma

Thanks everyone for all the great advice. Lucky to have you all as my credit proffesors  hahaha !!! I appreciate the replies. 

I think I may app for the Walmart card based on some reviews I just read on hhgregg. Moving into a new place, and want some new toys.

Ive been using credit karma strickly to monitor accounts and utilization only. Because the scoreing system is liable to give you a heart attack. lol 

I think I read on here once by a user " when my credit karma scores drop, I know my fico scores just shot though the roof" hahahah TRUE !

Message 21 of 38
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone for all the great advice. Lucky to have you all as my credit proffesors  hahaha !!! I appreciate the replies. 

I think I may app for the Walmart card based on some reviews I just read on hhgregg. Moving into a new place, and want some new toys.

Ive been using credit karma strickly to monitor accounts and utilization only. Because the scoreing system is liable to give you a heart attack. lol 

I think I read on here once by a user " when my credit karma scores drop, I know my fico scores just shot though the roof" hahahah TRUE !

The user reviews about the credit cards are helpful to on Credit karma

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 22 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I may my friend. few horror stories on google with hhgregg. You just saved me.. seriously..hahah ! thank !

Message 23 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some of my old closed TLs have reappeared as open accounts on CK this month. This makes the FAKO score even more useless as the # of open accounts/util are all wrong.

Message 24 of 38
SquidBilly
New Contributor

Joined Credit Karma and got a TU Score of 686. Immediately (within 1 hour) pulled my TU Score from FICO and got 710. Got a new vehicle financed in Sept. trading in a vehicle I had been paying on for 4.5 years. The closed account must be the difference. Lowering the average length of my credit.
Message 25 of 38
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@SquidBilly wrote:
Joined Credit Karma and got a TU Score of 686. Immediately (within 1 hour) pulled my TU Score from FICO and got 710. Got a new vehicle financed in Sept. trading in a vehicle I had been paying on for 4.5 years. The closed account must be the difference. Lowering the average length of my credit.

CK is not a FICO score, it's specifically the TU new account score which is, well in my opinion at least, utterly worthless other than entertainment value.  Can't make any rational comparison between the two unfortunately.

        
Message 26 of 38
SquidBilly
New Contributor

The information I got from CK was good considering
I had just pulled my TU Report a few days earlier. I'll just have to try and not look at that NUMBER. I will stick with FICO when it comes to the score.
Message 27 of 38
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@SquidBilly wrote:
The information I got from CK was good considering
I had just pulled my TU Report a few days earlier. I'll just have to try and not look at that NUMBER. I will stick with FICO when it comes to the score.

Don't get too hung up on the scores; focus on building a pretty report and pretty scores will follow.  There's too many versions to realistically track more than a few and that's mostly for score-keeping purposes.  That said, CK's score is one of the worst out there for a score card in my estimation.

        
Message 28 of 38
SquidBilly
New Contributor

Just got 2.68 % APR on a $33, 000 auto loan with Cap One. 2014 Mustang GT. I like pritty reports!
Message 29 of 38
Peter1142
Established Contributor

My credit karma score jumped 40 points last month for no identifiable reason, though now it is closer to the mark. It does not show my closed accounts. Take the score with a grain of salt. The letter grades are wonky too, its like: A, A, A, B, F (inqs), overall grade: F
Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.