Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report

tag
NJ_Patriot
New Contributor

Credit Report

Ok so I know that sites like annualcreditreport.com allow us to download one free copy of each CRA report annually. If there were changes made to any of the 3 CRA reports (Deletion of a derogatory, inquiries dropping off etc) Is there a way for me to get an updated version without it being an inquiry or paying for it?

TU FICO 8 as of 7/2016 = 606 | TU FICO 9 as of 7/2016 = 660 | TU FICO 4 as of 7/2016 = 657 | GOAL: 760+
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Report

Credit Karma provides EQ and TU reports, updated weekly. Just ignore the scores they provide.

Message 2 of 8
NJ_Patriot
New Contributor

Well I def. use CK to review my reports for TU and EQ. I was specifically looking to get a consumer PDF version like the ones provided through annual credit report's website. But I'm guessing that option isn't out there.

TU FICO 8 as of 7/2016 = 606 | TU FICO 9 as of 7/2016 = 660 | TU FICO 4 as of 7/2016 = 657 | GOAL: 760+
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NJ_Patriot wrote:

Well I def. use CK to review my reports for TU and EQ. I was specifically looking to get a consumer PDF version like the ones provided through annual credit report's website. But I'm guessing that option isn't out there.

When you file a dispute online, the CRAs give you access to your reports for that session. You can then peruse your reports without necessarily disputing anything.

Message 4 of 8
iv
Valued Contributor

@NJ_Patriot wrote:

Ok so I know that sites like annualcreditreport.com allow us to download one free copy of each CRA report annually. If there were changes made to any of the 3 CRA reports (Deletion of a derogatory, inquiries dropping off etc) Is there a way for me to get an updated version without it being an inquiry or paying for it?

Yes, in many states. (Including NJ - one free on top of the ACR one.)

See http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Getting-a-real-full-credit-report/m-p/4368286#...

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 5 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@NJ_Patriot wrote:

Nope.  Your report can change at any time.  A change to your report does not change the once per year availability.  If you want regular access to report data then consider using a monitoring service.  CK was mentioned above and it offers free access with weekly updates but only for TU and EQ.  Don't overlook EX.  Other monitoring services are frequently discussed so don't overlook existing threads as a resource.

Pulling your own reports is not a hard pull.

@NJ_Patriot wrote:

Even if a site doesn't offer a report in PDF format you can export any web page to PDF.  If you have Chrome the functionality is built in.  If you do not there may be an extension for your browser.  There are also apps that create a PDF "printer" that you can print to in order to generate a PDF.  There are plenty of other sources for getting report data.  With CK you can hit the Print this Report link to get a printable version and then export that to PDF if desired.  However, CK allows you to access historical report data so you really don't need to keep a PDF copy.

@Anonymous wrote:

Credit Karma provides EQ and TU reports, updated weekly. Just ignore the scores they provide.

Unless you know you have a creditor/product that uses a TU or EQ VantageScore 3.0.

To the OP:  Don't rely on oversimplifcations like that.  Always consider the specific scoring model and its relevance to a given creditor/product.  They do not all use the same model.  You cannot rely on a single model for all creditors/products.  The specific model will have an impact on the score generated as well as the data in the report.  Different models evaluate report data differently and can have different scoring ranges so you cannot use a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by a different model.  If, for example, you want to know your TU FICO 8 then you have to pull your TU FICO 8.  You cannot use a TU VantageScore 3.0 or even other FICO models to determine your TU FICO 8.

@zumroff wrote:

When you file a dispute online, the CRAs give you access to your reports for that session. You can then peruse your reports without necessarily disputing anything.

IIRC that is not an allowed topic here.  The dispute process is for disputes, not to bypass paying for credit report.

Message 6 of 8
NJ_Patriot
New Contributor

Thanks for outlining everything in such detail Takeshi! I'm certainly aware of utilizing all the different resources available to identify my scores for the various scoring models. I'll keep utilizing each resource and am also considering a credit monitoring service at this point!
Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If changes to your credit report occur as a basis of a finding in a dispute filed via a CRA, including correction or deletion of disputed information, then the CRA is required to send a free, revised credit report along with their Notice of Results of Reinvestigation, showing that the correction or deletion has been made to the consumer's credit file.

That is the only time that the FCRA mandates that changes to your credit report be sent to the consumer.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.