Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score Monitoring

tag
Kinglord
Regular Contributor

Credit Score Monitoring

I currently use Credit Karma becuase its free and MyFico becuse thats where our fourms are but its almost $30 a month.  What does everyone use to monitor their credit reports?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Score Monitoring

@Kinglord wrote:

I currently use Credit Karma becuase its free and MyFico becuse thats where our fourms are but its almost $30 a month.  What does everyone use to monitor their credit reports?

I use MyFICO and Credit Karma as well, but I recently got credit cards that report my score for free, so I can get my TransUnion FICO score from Barclays Bank & my TransUnion Vantage 3 score from Capital One. If you plan out your card applications, you can get credit scores from all 3 bureaus for free. Themanwhocan has an excellent chart that shows which companies report which scores.

Message 2 of 7
djshifted
Regular Contributor

I use Identity Guard for my credit report monitoring.  I don't use them for score, because the scores aren't accurate(I've seen them fluctuate 100+ points when my FICO scores only moved a few).  I just use them for a monthly report and notifications when there are changes.  It costs me $15/month (I initially had their Total Protection plan at $19.99/mo and canceled, they offered me the Platinum at $15/mo to come back a few months later).  If I do happen to need my scores I purchase a score and report from myFICO. For scores, I'd definitely go with afuche's advice and use credit cards to your advantage for free monthly scores.

Starting Scores (12/2012):EX 506; EQ 511; TU 518 | Current Scores (01/2016):EX 662; EQ 656; TU 653
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use credit check total and credit karma. Also some of my card issuers give monthly scores
Message 4 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I use credit check total and credit karma. Also some of my card issuers give monthly scores

+1

I use these also. CCT has good pricing on theirs, and I use CK just because it's free and one of the better free ones out.  All CK is for me is another resource. I ignore their scores though.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 7
JcT21
Frequent Contributor

i use equifax complete premier for my monitoring.  it does a very good job.  monitors all 3 bureaus and gives emails and text alerts.  you get a fresh eq report and fako score daily. also you can lock and unlock your eq credit report when you want.  it offers privacy scanning, you can enter your info for credit and debit card monitoring also.  it has many of the features of lifelock.   called in and got it for half price for 12 months.  

i use experian credit tracker for my ex fico score.  it updates daily and its a real fico 8 score.  called in and got this one for half price for 6 months.   i spend less than $20 month for both services.

i also use all the free ones like credit karma, sesame, quizzle....etc.

yeah, im a bit obessed with keeping an eye on things :-)

fico scores - March 2024:
TU - 727 | EX - 732 | EQ - 736 |
TCL - 168K - UTIL - less than 1%
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

For score monitoring, I rely most on the FICO scores I get from cards I have

LL Bean Visa (Barclay) gives me a Transunion FICO

Citi Double Cash gives me an Equifax FICO

Chase Slate gives me an Experian FICO

I think all of them are FICO 8s

I also pay attention to the Vantage scores Credit Karma and Capital One give me, but look to CK for report monitoring more than score reporting.  I'm planning a 3B from here in a month or so as a kick-off for my auto loan shopping, but I don't currently pay for monitoring or score reporting.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.