Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score stuck at 620-670

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Score stuck at 620-670

So Im trying to get that awesome jump over 700. I only have a car loan, 2 credit cards one merrick with a $550 limiit and WF $10500 limit (authorized user) and 4 student loans under 12k. Any suggestions on how I can speed up the process. Should I apply for another credit builder card or should I add another tradeline, my mom is willing to add me on her cards to help I'm just not sure what to do next.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Score stuck at 620-670

Where are you getting your scores from?  Can you provide any additional information such as your payment history, utilization, age of accounts, etc?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the AU card have a zero balance or close to it?  Your first step should be to get all your cards reporting zero except one (AZEO) with the remaining card reporting a small balance.  (The remaining card should be one that is in your name.)  See what progress you can make purely by doing that. 

While you are working on that, make a list of all the derogs on your reports: lates, collections, chargeoffs, liens, judgments, public records, etc.  I see that you have a BK on your reports.  That in itself will put a big dent in your score until it falls off.

Circle back with folks here once you have done both of these.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores are from My Fico 8 EX:668 TU:665 EQ:619. I do have a few lates in the past and a BK7 from 2012. Right now Im all current and have a util of 25% on cards

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The AU is at 20% and my card is at 8%. The bankruptcy wont be coming off anytime soon or the late payments. So I'm wondering do I just wait it out with those two reporting or add more tradelines?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would the owner of the AU card be willing to keep his balance much lower?  The owner can still use it a lot, but he'd just need to pay it down to $5 (or $0) once per month around 5 days before the statement typically prints.

Yes, adding a couple more cards in your name is a smart move for the medium to long term.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your credit score is a reflection of how you handle credit.

If you added a few more cards you would add a lot of depth to your credit report.

Especially in regards to more on time payments and lower utilization.

Your BK is going to hold you back until its gone for sure but as time goes by the effect wears off. 

Another concern is what your average age of accounts is. If you are new/newish to credit more lines of credit will hurt in the short term but you weil reap the benefits when the accounts age.

Personally, getting another card that you know is worth the inquiry (not getting denied) and can give a decent limit would benefit you.

The AU idea may help, but honestly its not your responsibility to manage or pay the bill so you shouldnt get mixed up in that. 

Good luck and I hope this helps!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.