Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Sesame Now Uses Transunion?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Sesame Now Uses Transunion?

Forgive me if this has been covered but when did this change apply? I've always known it to be Experian but I had an alert today and it says score and credit information powered by Transunion.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Sesame Now Uses Transunion?

Few weeks ago. Totally useless now, as opposed to just slightly useless. Don't understand the draw of a free CS account when CK updates 4x more often and gives you significantly more information.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, totally useless. I can't believe I didn't notice before. They have the weirdest scoring system too. My Lowes card (this was the alert) went from 22% to 59% and it bumped my Fako up 4 points. If only that happened in Fico land! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The one positive abot Credit Sesame is how quickly they update.  I applied for a few credit cards last weekend, and I would get an alert about the new pull within 15 minutes of it happening.  I thought that was pretty impressive.

Message 4 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

No clue why they did this.. Just use credit.com for your monthly EX FAKO updates now I guess.

Message 5 of 12
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Well crap, that sucks. The only reason I held onto it was to get a FAKO Experian score every month Smiley Sad 

Anyone know where else I could get one for free? 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, it's a total waste. I deleted the app from my phone yesterday. Apparently, if you disable your account they prevent you from signing up for a new one for the next year...

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently, Credit.com is still using Experian.

Message 8 of 12
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

You're right! I just got an email alert and logged on. Zoomed down to the bottom and saw the disclaimer. Eh, might as well 86 that site.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Forgive me if this has been covered but when did this change apply? I've always known it to be Experian but I had an alert today and it says score and credit information powered by Transunion.

I know!  I saw that today also.  I was wondering the same thing.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.