Credit.com starting new monitoring product

tag
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit.com new service

@Anonymous wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

How often does the credit.com new service update the credit reports? Thank you and be safe.

One thing to note for those joining the service is to know that your credit reports have to be unlocked in order for the reports to update.

I inquired with CSR as to when a person has to unlock their reports so the update occurs and this is what I've gotten so far:

As for a time frame of when to unlock your reports for your ExtraCredit update is still under investigation. I will place this ticket on hold until I receive clarification on that specific question. 

It's a habit to lock/freeze your reports once you start doing so and as I and most others are wary of leaving reports open unless apping for somthing it's important to know the time frame to unlock for updates (credit.com doesn't update immediately so you can't just unlock/unfreeze update and lock/freeze).

I received clarification it's supposed to be every two weeks, but I strategically unlocked and it still took an extra two days so it was two days late to update. 

This right here makes this service a no go for me. I no longer even have access to basic without unfreeze.

Im not leaving reports unlocked. Especially when it isn't required for other product. What moron designed this.

When they fix this bumble, I might revisit. I'll continue my monthly 3B report from EX.

Message 91 of 158
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

How often does the credit.com new service update the credit reports? Thank you and be safe.

One thing to note for those joining the service is to know that your credit reports have to be unlocked in order for the reports to update.

I inquired with CSR as to when a person has to unlock their reports so the update occurs and this is what I've gotten so far:

As for a time frame of when to unlock your reports for your ExtraCredit update is still under investigation. I will place this ticket on hold until I receive clarification on that specific question. 

It's a habit to lock/freeze your reports once you start doing so and as I and most others are wary of leaving reports open unless apping for somthing it's important to know the time frame to unlock for updates (credit.com doesn't update immediately so you can't just unlock/unfreeze update and lock/freeze).

I received clarification it's supposed to be every two weeks, but I strategically unlocked and it still took an extra two days so it was two days late to update. 

This right here makes this service a no go for me. I no longer even have access to basic without unfreeze.

Im not leaving reports unlocked. Especially when it isn't required for other product. What moron designed this.

When they fix this bumble, I might revisit. I'll continue my monthly 3B report from EX.

I don't particularly care for the unlock to update aspect of the service and it's true some services update without that condition (perhaps it costs the services a little extra to remove that condition) but I got in on the 5 dollar for 12 months instead of the 24.99 monthly fee so it's ok for me right now. Who knows in a year their model may be enhanced to better offerings to compliment the 24.99 price tag.

Message 92 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mistake I’m talking about the free service being every 14 days.
Message 93 of 158
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My mistake I’m talking about the free service being every 14 days.

Sorry, that was probably my misunderstanding from reading posts too quickly!

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 94 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

My fault for not specifying, I didn’t even think about the difference.

So you have to unlock for even the paid service? Yeah I don’t like that. I did mention to them about the inconvenience and risk and benefit as compared to other services when I gave feedback.
Message 95 of 158
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I signed up for the $5 beta/early bird deal. It took about a week to get it set up, as I kept getting an error. Eight FICO scores a per CRA for $5/month is a nice deal. No complaints so far but I did notice it has my 90 day student loan on Equifax showing as a 60 day late. All other free credit monitoring services still show it as 90, days. 🤷

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 96 of 158
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

I signed up for the $5 beta/early bird deal. It took about a week to get it set up, as I kept getting an error. Eight FICO scores a per CRA for $5/month is a nice deal. No complaints so far but I did notice it has my 90 day student loan on Equifax showing as a 60 day late. All other free credit monitoring services still show it as 90, days. 🤷

Are your reports frozen? Any issues with updates if they are?

Message 97 of 158
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

No complaints except one and that's in relationship to having to unlock reports so credit.com can update:

We would like for you to unlock your reports 24-48 hours prior to your next update. You can find your next update under the Track It feature, next to each bureau's score while logged in.

Message 98 of 158
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

With MyFico can it update even with locks?

Message 99 of 158
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

Are your reports frozen? Any issues with updates if they are?

No, my reports aren't frozen. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 100 of 158
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.