Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit dispute: Transunion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit dispute: Transunion

I have a debt on my Transunion report from Bread Creditor Lon Operations DBA Bread.  I have no knowledge of the account and have submitted a dispute through Credit Karma.  In the dispute I put that I have no knowledge of the account and wanted to see proof where I signed a contract or something with my signature.  Do they have to provide proof that it is my debt?  Any typically how long does it take for Credit Karma to handle the dispute I sent?  I just sent it today.  This is the only bad thing that is on my credit and I want it off immediately.

thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Credit dispute: Transunion

Sometimes the "proof" they provide is something as basic as a billing statement. It's not usually anything signed. And unfortunately, the bar is very low for what qualifies as "proof," so even a simple billing statement can suffice.

Also, CK doesn't handle the dispute - they just send it off to Transunion themselves, and they handle it. Disputes generally take about 30 days.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit dispute: Transunion

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a debt on my Transunion report from Bread Creditor Lon Operations DBA Bread.  I have no knowledge of the account and have submitted a dispute through Credit Karma.  In the dispute I put that I have no knowledge of the account and wanted to see proof where I signed a contract or something with my signature.  Do they have to provide proof that it is my debt?  Any typically how long does it take for Credit Karma to handle the dispute I sent?  I just sent it today.  This is the only bad thing that is on my credit and I want it off immediately.

thanks

You have to address the dispute with the company that put it on your report.  That's who you ask for proof of the debt.  They then have to provide you that proof.  If they can't then you dispute the debt as not being valid.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.