Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit history

Hi,

I have a starnge problem.I am an international student came to US two years ago and i didn't have my social security number when i applied for my first credit card but though i was approved and maintaianed a good credit score since then and recently i received a social secuirty number and attached all my bank accounts and credit card datils with that . the problem is now it says i have thin credit history coz i have received the social security recently .Is there any chance that  can get my credit history to be linked with the social security number?

Thank you 

Archana 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Credit history

I would think that when you obtained your social security number and your banking credit card information was linked to it, your credit file from the credit type you have was attached with the open date. 2 years with maybe 1 card is a thin file. Could that be the problem? 

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit history

A credit file with less than three trade lines is usually classified as a thin file.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.