Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit one

I just got a credit one car are they really that bad, I all so have a first progress card which people said was bad also, I only use 13 on it and pay it off every month can I do the same with the credit one card, what I'm asking is it a technique to useing credit one card
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit one

They're what is referred to as predatory lenders, high fees with little to no rewards. Other than that they're no different than any other credit cards as far as strategy, make charges and pay in full by due date, rinse and repeat.
Message 2 of 7
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They're what is referred to as predatory lenders, high fees with little to no rewards. Other than that they're no different than any other credit cards as far as strategy, make charges and pay in full by due date, rinse and repeat.

Use Credit One to establish (repair) your credit to be able to apply for a Captial One QuicksilverOne starter card then cancel the Credit One card. Use the Cap1 QS1 card to continue to build (repair) your credit. Cap1 QS1 has an annual fee so you want to try to get that waived or refunded if you can. American Express and Discover are usually ok with thin credit files with no derogatory reports.  

Ultimately, you want three CCs and one installment loan to build a solid FICO score.

Good Luck! 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I'm going to be Abel to get a quick silver I got one baddie in report I owe sprint 2000
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Am I'm going to be Abel to get a quick silver I got one baddie in report I owe sprint 2000

That depends on your scores, credit profile, inquries, etc. The Quicksilver One -- the Quicksilver with the annual fee -- is easy to get because it is targeted for those who are re-building or have average credit. 

Do you plan on tackling the Sprint accout? I would take care of it as soon as possible. 

Feel free to check out the Rebuilding board for ways you can tackle that derogoratory item. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I'm going to try, it's only reporting on one report, I wonder if I can make a deal and pay it monthly to get it removed
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes I'm going to try, it's only reporting on one report, I wonder if I can make a deal and pay it monthly to get it removed

I would contact the creditor about that. If they agree to do so, have them send you a letter outlining that. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.