Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Credit Reporting

tag
DoctorManhattan
Frequent Contributor

DCU Credit Reporting

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know when DCU updates the credit beureus? Paid off my DCU Platinum card and I am trying to get pre approved for a VA loan next month. 

Might they report earlier to the beureus if I call them and explain my situation? 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU Credit Reporting

They report the balance that was on the account of the last day of the month. 30th/31st and the day they update it is somewhere in the middle of the month. But last month they didn't report until about the 28th. 

Message 2 of 19
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Yeah, DCU reports the end of the month but is often a month or two behind, my credit reports still show my car loan balance from March. Just provide the VA underwriter a statement showing your card balance paid in full. If you call in very long wait time and I doubt if they'd update the CRAs for you, they seem to have enough trouble doing it automatically.

Message 3 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@DoctorManhattan wrote:

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know when DCU updates the credit beureus? Paid off my DCU Platinum card and I am trying to get pre approved for a VA loan next month. 

Might they report earlier to the beureus if I call them and explain my situation? 

Hi @DoctorManhattan , As of late .. some lenders are reporting very erratic.

This month Amex did not update my $4.00 balance on Gold Charge (leftover from last statement)Smiley Tongue

I have (2) Citi DC cash cards both due on the 28th. Both paid to Zero on the 28th.

One updated to EX, the other did not. Also been reading about WF's irregular reporting.

Penfed was a little off, for Me .. but eventually got it right.

Could be some others as well.

Message 4 of 19
DoctorManhattan
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info 

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU updating to bureaus

Hello! I saw a post a week or so ago that had a similar question to mine, but I can't find it. 

I'm waiting for DCU to update my loan balance with them, as currently it's $2,000/$2,000, last updated May 31st. On June 15th, I paid off 90% of it, and it still hasn't reflected that.

I sent an email to their customer support and they said they update every month, and I should see it soon, that was about 10 days ago. Still no update. Do they really only update quarterly? And to that point, does anyone know when the loan suite updates? Just curious! Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU updating to bureaus

They send the update at the end of the month supposedly but it has been as late as like the 10th before they update. 

As for the offers, they're updated quarterly. Next offers will be in October. 

Message 7 of 19
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They send the update at the end of the month supposedly but it has been as late as like the 10th before they update. 

No, they're running late again. EX, TU & EQ are all showing my May car loan balance as of 7/15. My August payment finally gets the loan balance under 49% so I'll be complaining loudly if it takes them 2 months to update that, I'm sick of seeing that "loan balances too high!" message.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No, they're running late again. EX, TU & EQ are all showing my May car loan balance as of 7/15. My August payment finally gets the loan balance under 49% so I'll be complaining loudly if it takes them 2 months to update that, I'm sick of seeing that "loan balances too high!" message.

Yeah I checked and my credit card was last updated 5/31. Even when it has no balance they still updated it monthly before. I stand corrected. 

Message 9 of 19
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello! I saw a post a week or so ago that had a similar question to mine, but I can't find it. 

I'm waiting for DCU to update my loan balance with them, as currently it's $2,000/$2,000, last updated May 31st. On June 15th, I paid off 90% of it, and it still hasn't reflected that.

I sent an email to their customer support and they said they update every month, and I should see it soon, that was about 10 days ago. Still no update. Do they really only update quarterly? And to that point, does anyone know when the loan suite updates? Just curious! Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

My loan balances, including with DCU, are all updating very slowly. My most important one is still showing the balance as of May 5th.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.