Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU - One pull for multiple loans?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

DCU - One pull for multiple loans?

I applied for an auto loan at DCU a few days ago. While I was on the phone, I mentioned that I was thinking about getting a personal loan in the near future (want to pay off some tax liens). I asked if they can use the same pull. The woman said that they can do that if I apply within 45 days of the first pull.

I believe I read that they did multiple pulls. I know when I opened the account earlier this year I had two. So I had the new account, auto loan and credit card. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

Re: DCU - One pull for multiple loans?

@masscredit wrote:

I applied for an auto loan at DCU a few days ago. While I was on the phone, I mentioned that I was thinking about getting a personal loan in the near future (want to pay off some tax liens). I asked if they can use the same pull. The woman said that they can do that if I apply within 45 days of the first pull.

I believe I read that they did multiple pulls. I know when I opened the account earlier this year I had two. So I had the new account, auto loan and credit card. 

Be very careful with what they tell you over the phone...

I love DCU very much...BUT...they gave me the "one pull" story on the phone too when I did my Membership, CC, & auto loan at the same time....BAM 3 Hard Pulls!

Thats the only reason I called too...was becuase I wanted to ask if they would use the same pull.  Oh well...live and learn!

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 2 of 4
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I asked again when I went in to wrap up my auto loan. The woman that I was working with told me the same thing. She also mentioned that if I wanted a credit card they can use the same pull for that too. I'll probably go for the personal loan that I mentioned. If so, I'll do it in a branch and confirm again that it will be using the pull from last week. I really don't want another one on my CR.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 3 of 4
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

I asked again when I went in to wrap up my auto loan. The woman that I was working with told me the same thing. She also mentioned that if I wanted a credit card they can use the same pull for that too. I'll probably go for the personal loan that I mentioned. If so, I'll do it in a branch and confirm again that it will be using the pull from last week. I really don't want another one on my CR.

Good Luck!  I think it's all YMMV when it comes to this, as I have seen posts with both outcomes.

Not sure why it  happens...but I know for sure that it happened to me on the same date becuase my Credit Reports have the scars to prove it! LOL

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.