Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV Question

DV'ed a CA about a debt about 3 weeks ago.  The have not contacted me but my TransUnion credit report has a remark that states:

Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements

I never directly DV'ed or disputed with TransUnion.  So can the CA validate directly to them instead of validating to me or is this just the remark to show that the debt is being disputed?  If this does count for their validation what should my next course of action be?

Thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DV Question

kajomo24 wrote:
 DV'ed a CA about a debt about 3 weeks ago.  The have not contacted me but my TransUnion credit report has a remark that states:

Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements

I never directly DV'ed or disputed with TransUnion.  So can the CA validate directly to them instead of validating to me or is this just the remark to show that the debt is being disputed?  If this does count for their validation what should my next course of action be?

Thanks

Don't ask me to quote it, but by law (I think FCRA), they had to update with that remark. The CA still has to respond to your letter. They cannot engage in collection activity (calls, letters) until it is validated. That remark does not count for validation.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok...thanks.

I aslo just notice that another CA (Associated Recievable) I DV'ed removed their account from my CR, but than another CA (Contract Caller Inc.) came up for the same debt.  If the first CA couldn't validate how will the 2nd CA be able to do so...and if I DV Contract Caller Inc. what is going to prevent another CA to try to collect the same debt.? This is the 3rd CA that has reported thsi debt (I dispute one, DV'ed Asscociated Recievable, and now this one).  Each time a CA removes an account can another one just pick it up like this?

Message Edited by kajomo24 on 04-28-2008 06:21 AM
Message 3 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I'm no legal expert, but I think the status is supposed to be changed to disputed when you DV.

Have you disputed this previously? I get a remark similar to that when I keep disputing an account over and over. Stupid Portfolio just won't go away.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No...I'm brand new to all of this.  I DV'ed this for the first time on April 6th
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you DV, the CA is to report to the CRA that the account is in dispute.

Why TU always puts that it meets FCRA requirements before it is ever validate, I have no clue. The other 2 do not.

When you DV a CA, they do not have to respond, but they DO have to cease all collection activity if they are not going to respond.

If they can not /do not validate, they can not sell or assign the debt to another CA, but can put it back with the OC who will place with another CA.

Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

kajomo24 wrote:
Ok...thanks.

I aslo just notice that another CA (Associated Recievable) I DV'ed removed their account from my CR, but than another CA (Contract Caller Inc.) came up for the same debt.  If the first CA couldn't validate how will the 2nd CA be able to do so...and if I DV Contract Caller Inc. what is going to prevent another CA to try to collect the same debt.? This is the 3rd CA that has reported thsi debt (I dispute one, DV'ed Asscociated Recievable, and now this one).  Each time a CA removes an account can another one just pick it up like this?

Message Edited by kajomo24 on 04-28-2008 06:21 AM

Sometimes they don't validate because they don't want to take the time to fight it.

I have a debt like this. I too am on my 3rd CA. The last two couldn't validate it and went away. The 3rd just validated, but haven't reported. All the while, I've been sending PFDs to the OC who is reporting with no response. Oh well. I'm thinking about just paying it and be done with it and send GWs later.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.