Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV to Experian

tag
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

DV to Experian

Hi everyone.  After disputing some inaccuracies to Experian, and getting no results, I decided to send EX a DV today, asking them to supply me with the information of how they verified the inaccurate info.  I believe they did not even try to verify specific accounts, because I know for a fact that they are inaccurate.  When I tried to ask for a reinvestigation, EX told me that they were verified and I couldn't ask for them to be reinvestigated.  I'm very curious as to what they tell me.  I will keep everyone posted on this one!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV to Experian

sunnyday wrote:
Hi everyone.  After disputing some inaccuracies to Experian, and getting no results, I decided to send EX a DV today, asking them to supply me with the information of how they verified the inaccurate info.  I believe they did not even try to verify specific accounts, because I know for a fact that they are inaccurate.  When I tried to ask for a reinvestigation, EX told me that they were verified and I couldn't ask for them to be reinvestigated.  I'm very curious as to what they tell me.  I will keep everyone posted on this one!

You actually cannot DV a CRA. Send them a DV letter, and they can ignore it--depending upon what you said.
Message 2 of 8
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

Well I thought they had to verify how they received the information that the debt was valid
Message 3 of 8
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

EX states on their credit reports that you can request how they verified the info, and that's basically what my letter said
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's going to depend upon what you said. If you quoted the FDCPA, then they're going to ignore you. If you didn't, they still might ignore you.

Give this approach a try.

Message 5 of 8
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

I'm sorry, that's exactly what I meant MOV, not DV.  I have my abbreviations messed up!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read over FCRA and familiarize yourself with it--either at the link I provided in the MOV thread, or here.

15 USC 1681i aka FCRA §611

Often when you cite the law, they get very nervous and compliant.

Message 7 of 8
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the valuable info!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.