Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derogatory removed from reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Derogatory removed from reports

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this, but here goes. I recently disputed an old derogatory on my reports. Myfico did update with a "dispute" mark on equifax. No score change. Today, on CK I noticed no more derogatory! It's removed. That didn't trigger an update. I read it wouldn't, but I did get a "new interest rate mortage" update. I was very confused, since I don't have a mortgage, but I read it was just an alert. Doesn't really mean anything. But my score did jump 17 points. It didn't say balance decrease, which has happened. Could that be including my new derogatory removal? Ex also went up 25 points today and myfico did specify a balance decrease. You think that included that derogatory removal? Or does it take more time for the score to reflect that? Will that removal be reflected at all in my score on myfico?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Derogatory removed from reports

If the "removal" was done by the CRA as their outcome of their reinvestigation, they are required to send both a Notice of Results of Reinvestigation and a copy of a revised credit report showing the actual changes made.  Upon receipt of that report, you should have the answer to what was included in the revised scoring.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. I haven't received anything like that. The reports on CK show removed, but eq and tu still show pending investigation when I check status of the dispute. They only have like a wk left to complete this, so I guess I'll know soon enough. I did get another credit score jump today and myfico indicated it was a balance decrease, so I can only guess the other jump was the removal. I guess I'll have to be patient and wait for that report. Thanks!
Message 3 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You may not necessarily get a Notice of Results of Reinvestigation, which is the docment that formally concludes a dispute by providing the finding of the CRA.

The furnishe can, and often does, simply decide to delete the disputed information upon receiving a dispute forwarded to them by a CRA.

Techncally, that renders the dispute moot since the disputed information is no longer of record, and thus the CRA will not make  finding by mailing a Notice of Results.

If the CRA has not removed the pending dispute flag, that is likely the scenario.

You may have to contact them and get the dispute flag removed to then return your scoring to normal.

While a dispute is pending, certain items are removed from scoring by FICO, and thus your interim score is not useful.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess what I just got? Lol. TU emailed me the results of my dispute and the derogatory account has in fact been deleted. So that's likely the jump I saw on eq, and hopefully will have another once TU updates on myfico. Yay! CK reported correctly on the removed accounts. Thank you for your advise. I would definitely of requested them to remove the dispute flag if it didn't go my way. Ex is the only report I don't get to see. See have a couple months before myfico gives a report. But since CK shows tu and eq removed the account, I expect the same from ex. Hopefully.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well... experian did not remove, like TU did. Bummed out. I couldn't see a reason as to why. it's an old student loan. I'm paying it off thru another company. The date of last activity was may and July of 2009 for the other 2 bureaus. Ex says that date isn't available. The closed date, however, is Oct of 2010. Which date do I go by for when it should fall off?
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I called the experian number and asked about it. The lady was so nice and awesome. It's removed. It was either past 7 yrs or really really close, so they took care of it. I'm so happy!
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I just checked the status of EQ. It was the last one to check. The results were, "this belongs to you." Nice... I wasn't disputing that. I show it was removed from the report, but now I guess I have to call them tomorrow. They were terrible. Didn't get an updated report or anything. TU and Ex had lots of info. If they didn't remove it, why do I show it removed? Wouldn't they just put a dispute flag, not remove while investigating? I hope I never have to do any of this again.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's so weird. My CK report showed a dispute comment. Then, on april4, it was removed from the report. Then April 6, dispute results show no mention of deletion. So confused. Guess I'll have to be patient and wait until they open tomorrow.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: eq says they removed it. So, I'm good to go on this...sigh of relief.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.