cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct deposit option not appearing on Citi app for balance transfer?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Direct deposit option not appearing on Citi app for balance transfer?

I posted a while back about the possibility of initiating a balance transfer and having the funds moved to a checking account via direct deposit instead of putting in another institution's card number. I decided to finally go through with it but that option does not appear in the Citi app... 

I chatted with a rep about it and I was told "To have the direct deposit eligible for balance transfer, these following requirements should be satisfied.

1. The desired checking/savings account should be added payment account on our website and must be 45 days old.

2. There should be 2 online payments made from that payment account and the second payment must be 45 days old."

is the Citi representative correct in this matter? I've almost passed the 45 day old mark for the second payment and it should be met before years end (made second payment last month) I would really like to take advantage of this Balance Transfer offer because it not only includes a 0% APR for 9 months, a 0% Balance Transfer Fee is also offered... The exact card I have is the Citi Double Cash

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Re: Direct deposit option not appearing on Citi app for balance transfer?

@Anonymous wrote:

I posted a while back about the possibility of initiating a balance transfer and having the funds moved to a checking account via direct deposit instead of putting in another institution's card number. I decided to finally go through with it but that option does not appear in the Citi app... 

I chatted with a rep about it and I was told "To have the direct deposit eligible for balance transfer, these following requirements should be satisfied.

1. The desired checking/savings account should be added payment account on our website and must be 45 days old.

2. There should be 2 online payments made from that payment account and the second payment must be 45 days old."

is the Citi representative correct in this matter? I've almost passed the 45 day old mark for the second payment and it should be met before years end (made second payment last month) I would really like to take advantage of this Balance Transfer offer because it not only includes a 0% APR for 9 months, a 0% Balance Transfer Fee is also offered... The exact card I have is the Citi Double Cash

I don't know about that. Don't carve this in stone because I'm very hazy on the chronology, but I don't THINK I added my BofA account to Citi until relatively recently--although *all* of my payments have been made via BofA's bill pay. The option for direct deposit is definitely there for me, and I've used their BT offers several times in the past.

Just wondering, you said you used the app, but did you try using a web browser instead? You can do that on a mobile device, but it's usually preferable to use a computer. If you try that, let us know if it made a difference.

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.