Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Reporting

I was approved for my Discover IT on 9/22 (you may have read my other thread!). My first purchase posted on 10/2. My statement says it was from Sept 23 - Oct 5 (pretty short but no big deal). Although I have until Nov 2 to pay, I'd like to go ahead and PIF, but I was waiting for my balance to report. My CreditKarma updated today, and it is finally reporting. Unfortunately, it only reported to TU and not EQ. I also have not seen gotten any alerts yet on myfico regarding this account reporting to them yet. I searched through the forums for similar threads to see what the typical Discover reporting timeline is like, and most said about a week or two but not much longer than that.

So... my question is: Is it concerning that I'm only seeing a TU reporting, or should I wait another couple weeks to see if it reports to the others? I just wanted to go ahead and pay the balance off, but I thought it best to wait until I was sure the first balance reported. Smiley Happy Thanks for your help!

5 REPLIES 5
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Reporting

Typically they report to all 3 CR's on the same day.  I wouldn't worry about it not reporting this cycle as it will next cycle for sure.  There may have been a delay before seeing it on CK as well depending on what time of the day you refreshed your info and the time it hit EQ.  Just pay as normal and you'll be fine.  

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree.  New accounts can be funny for the first cycle, especially a really short cycle like in your case.  Sometimes such a cycle will report to all bureaus, sometimes to none, sometimes to just 1 or 2.  I'm 100% sure that 2-4 days after your next cycle ends you will see it reported to all 3B.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for my Discover IT on 9/22 (you may have read my other thread!). My first purchase posted on 10/2. My statement says it was from Sept 23 - Oct 5 (pretty short but no big deal). Although I have until Nov 2 to pay, I'd like to go ahead and PIF, but I was waiting for my balance to report. My CreditKarma updated today, and it is finally reporting. Unfortunately, it only reported to TU and not EQ. I also have not seen gotten any alerts yet on myfico regarding this account reporting to them yet. I searched through the forums for similar threads to see what the typical Discover reporting timeline is like, and most said about a week or two but not much longer than that.

So... my question is: Is it concerning that I'm only seeing a TU reporting, or should I wait another couple weeks to see if it reports to the others? I just wanted to go ahead and pay the balance off, but I thought it best to wait until I was sure the first balance reported. Smiley Happy Thanks for your help!

I had the same experience, and it was with a Discover IT card.

The card acutally reported to both TU and EQ on Sept 14, but only TU showed it reported on CK but not EQ, then on the next 7 day cycle of CK, both TU and EQ had it reported on Sept 14. So something is off in time about how those two CB either report data they collected or get pulled by CK.

So far, I don't have a statement closing date for discover as their first cycle hasn't ended yet.

Oddly, I don't yet see any hard inquiry generated on any credit report, though I wouldnt be surprised to see something show up when I next check EX.  Though it looks like I won't get any HP, right now it's 50/50 in my mind about the HP..

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have a brand new Discover card and the first report was only showing up with TU.  I was a bit disappointed myself but reading that the first cycle can be a bit quirky makes a bit more sense.

Message 5 of 6
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I had the same experience, and it was with a Discover IT card.

The card acutally reported to both TU and EQ on Sept 14, but only TU showed it reported on CK but not EQ, then on the next 7 day cycle of CK, both TU and EQ had it reported on Sept 14. So something is off in time about how those two CB either report data they collected or get pulled by CK.

So far, I don't have a statement closing date for discover as their first cycle hasn't ended yet.

Oddly, I don't yet see any hard inquiry generated on any credit report, though I wouldnt be surprised to see something show up when I next check EX.  Though it looks like I won't get any HP, right now it's 50/50 in my mind about the HP..

My initial opening INQ was EX.  A lot of people post here though that they pulled TU or EQ.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.