Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Scorecard wrong info !?

tag
Chelow
Regular Contributor

Discover Scorecard wrong info !?

Hello myFicoers,

Out of curiosity, i quickly unlocked my experian report in order to see my updated Discover Scorecard. ( Stupid, i know, considering i have Exp Creditworks membership ).

I am not a discover member. There was some wrong information in there. It stated i have 6 revolving accounts when in reality i only have 3. And it stated i am a student. Haven't been in school in a while.

I got a lil worried considering they state this is a true Fico. I checked all my reports thru Exp Creditworks and MyFIco memberships and everthing looks normal. Should i be worried and do anything ?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Scorecard wrong info !?

Start a online dispute, if the accounts are there, complete it. If they are not you will know if it’s just some fluke with scorecard and you can just cancel it.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 2 of 13
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Chelow wrote:

Hello myFicoers,

Out of curiosity, i quickly unlocked my experian report in order to see my updated Discover Scorecard. ( Stupid, i know, considering i have Exp Creditworks membership ).

I am not a discover member. There was some wrong information in there. It stated i have 6 revolving accounts when in reality i only have 3. And it stated i am a student. Haven't been in school in a while.

I got a lil worried considering they state this is a true Fico. I checked all my reports thru Exp Creditworks and MyFIco memberships and everthing looks normal. Should i be worried and do anything ?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

You could also call Experian and request a paper copy of your credit report -- they'll send it to you for free, will take about a week.  Paper reports show everything exactly how it's being reported to the bureaus and provides more detailed account info than what is shown online -  and, obviously, without all the fluff software which sometimes renders data incorrectly.    This is the best way to confirm your reports are accurate.    

That said, if your EX app is showing your daily report accurately,  I would assume this is some sort of fluke with Disco Scorecard...  *but ordering your paper reports would still be a good idea.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 3 of 13
Chelow
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the sound advice ! Going to do both recomendations. And will report back. Thanks !!!

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could be Experian.  This last month experian said I had 2 lates this year.  I have had no lates.  I plan on requesting a copy of my report from them to clean any errors.

Message 5 of 13
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Could be Experian.  This last month experian said I had 2 lates this year.  I have had no lates.  I plan on requesting a copy of my report from them to clean any errors.

OP has Experian Creditworks which provides daily EX reports -- OP stated the misinformation is on the free Discover site, not through the EX app.   So... I don't think, in OPs case, that it's Experian.  Seems more of a descrpency due to the transfer of data from Experian to a third-party.   

I have the issue with myFICO EQ report -- my most recently updated myFICO report suddently, incorrectly shows one of my open accounts as closed -- however, when I pull my report directly from EQ  (as well as other sources) it shows correctly.   Out of an abundance of caution, I also ordered my paper report from EQ and it shows correctly.   This is obviously an issue with the way myFICO's software interpreted and rendered data when pulled from EQ.   It wasn't like that last month, so I'm assuming it will eventually correct itself in future updates.

Also -  in your case, there could be some mis-reported late payments but that would more likely be due to lender misreporting, rather than EX making up incorrect data.   Did you pull your report directly from Experian to see which account(s) show the late payments? 

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thornback wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Also -  in your case, there could be some mis-reported late payments but that would more likely be due to lender misreporting, rather than EX making up incorrect data.   Did you pull your report directly from Experian to see which account(s) show the late payments? 

The lates were actually shown on my Discover Scorecard EX report.  I did not see them on the EX site when I checked.  I mispoke in my original reply. (not enough coffee)

I still want to pull a report to be sure...

Message 7 of 13
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The lates were actually shown on my Discover Scorecard EX report.  I did not see them on the EX site when I checked.  I mispoke in my original reply. (not enough coffee)

I still want to pull a report to be sure...

Ahh.. I see.. (& totally get the lack of coffee thing)   

Yea,  seems to definately be a Disco Scorecard issue.  I haven't pulled my Scorecard in a while,  but I just did and my number of accounts is wayyy off... 

innacDisco.png

I only have a total of 20 accounts (11 open installments, 9 CCs > 8 open / 1 closed)..But my account info on the EX app / site  (and other free sources) is accurate.   

FTR,  the FICO 8 provided is on point...  so that's good.

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 8 of 13
Chelow
Regular Contributor

I am sorry this is happening with you as well. At least we know it’s an issue with Scorecard happening with other ppl as well. But I don’t think it’s something we should worry about. Am I correct.? I pulled a fresh report with Experian and everything looks normal. Just gonna ignore Scorecard for now. Unless I hear otherwise...

Edit : @thornback, I think Scorecard is counting double revolving accounts. As I have 3 and it gave me 6. And you said you have 8 open and it gave you 16.

Message 9 of 13
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Chelow wrote:
I am sorry this is happening with you as well. At least we know it’s an issue with Scorecard happening with other ppl as well. But I don’t think it’s something we should worry about. Am I correct.? I pulled a fresh report with Experian and everything looks normal. Just gonna ignore Scorecard for now. Unless I hear otherwise...

Edit : @thornback, I think Scorecard is counting double revolving accounts. As I have 3 and it gave me 6. And you said you have 8 open and it gave you 16.

I agree... don't think you need to worry about it; it seems to just be Scorecard glitchiness.  I wonder if there is a tech-support / feedback option on that site -- if so, perhaps we should alert them of the issue - especially since a lot of forum members use the service.   I will check later today and post back here if there is.... 

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.