Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover not reporting to Equifax

tag
TXDevil
Established Member

Discover not reporting to Equifax

Has anyone encountered this issue and actually had it resolved?

I'm 30-45 days away from closing on a house and Discover (my second oldest tradeline) has completely disappeared from my Equifax report; as if it never existed.  Of course, I contacted Discover who immediately issued an off-cycle report to all three bureaus and Innovis late last month.  I was able to see the update through my various credit reporting websites, incluidng my new 3B report today on this site, but still nothing on Equifax.  I've contacted Equifax who says they cannot do anything, as they have zero proof the account exists.  Discover is telling me they've done all they can do - what gives?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover not reporting to Equifax

No way for us to know.  You have to dig into this.  One of them is wrong.  The creditor reports to the CRA and the CRA updates the report.  The chain is broken somewhere in there.  If you can't get them to sort it out see if a CFPB complaint will prod them to get something done.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.