Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed error on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputed error on credit report

Hi again everyone, I recently disputed an error on my Transunion credit report. Seemed to be a fraudulent medical bill. They have decided to delete it from their file but will they send that infor to Exp and Equ or do I have to contact each one seperately and let them know? Thanks in advancde for all your help!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Disputed error on credit report

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi again everyone, I recently disputed an error on my Transunion credit report. Seemed to be a fraudulent medical bill. They have decided to delete it from their file but will they send that infor to Exp and Equ or do I have to contact each one seperately and let them know? Thanks in advancde for all your help!!

No just because it comes off one, it will have no bearing on the other two .You will have to dispute with the other two

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1
Message 3 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It really depends 

Sometimes CA will delete from all three (automated resonse), and other times response will be sent only to the CRA that instigated dispute

If you dont see it removed from the other two, do disputes with each.

That "wait two weeks" is because CRAs do not update at the same time

Good luck

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most likely you will have to dispute with the other 2. Good luck!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really hope they share it. It was a medical bill that someone used my info for and it's the only collections I have on my reports. I'm going to call the other two and let them know TransUnion investigates and deleted them so fingers crossed

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please let us know how it works out. Hope you get everything fixed.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the support and I will definitely update when I get it figured out

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could dispute with the company reporting the bill and demand they remove it from all.

Message 9 of 10
satio
Frequent Contributor

+1 ^^^^^

If it is incorrectly attached to you, I would be in touch with the Collection Agency themselves to report same.

It appears based on your Transunion experience they were unable to validate the debt so it has been removed.

Just bear in mind that when you dispute something it is first removed while the information is validated....so unsure if the removal you are seeing is a permanent one unless you have some dispute resolution communication from TU that confirms it has been removed for good.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.