Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes and Credit Karma

tag
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

Disputes and Credit Karma

I noticed that EVERY single one of my Cap One accounts has a dispute stats on it, whether opened or closed, and I was starting to shapen my letter writing skills and send letters out.  I pulled my Equifax report from yesterday and looked it over.  I was STUNNED to find disputes from Credit Karma, initiated back in 2017 STILL posting as disputes to my Cap One!  ON ALL of THEM! This was as early as last month.  

I did a google search and there was a glitch that some posters in their forums were talking about, posts were back from 2016,  I sent an email to CK support RIGHT away and explained my situation and asked them to disable my dispute button in hopes of stopping them.  I then set my sights on chatting with Cap One (credit cards) and I had a sweetheart of a dispute rep from Tampa.  She told me my best bet was to contact Equifax, who works closely with Credit Karma, and could be able to stop it.  She said it would be best to remove it from the CRA's end, but they wouldn't be putting the dispute wording back (she put notes in my account)  I couldn't understand WHY Cap One wasn't showing me the love but wasn't aware of the WHOLE story.   I also discovered that the dispute remarks were removed from my Cap One Auto, with that pesky 30 day late as well, so that email campaign did work!  No data on the account except for that RED 30, but we'll see what happens when it updates.  

I spoke with an Equifax rep last night, he was overseas but I want to say he worked hard and long to remove the remarks from my report and I was extremely thankful! Took a little over an hour to get it all squared away.  I did an online dispute with Experian, through Creditworks, so we'll see what happens there.  I was in the middle of Transuinon, and I timed out just as I was about to end the dispute process so we'll see if it took or not. I hope Credit Karma emails me back today.  After going through all that, if these remarks were to suddenly return, in the form of that dispute glitch, I'd have to kill someone over there, LOL (just kidding) 

Moral of this story?  Don't EVER dispute with Credit Karma, not EVER!  Wiping the egg off my face but if this story helps just ONE person in these forums, I've done my job!  I hope this is posted in the right place, if not please move it to the correct forum.  My first post on here and I'm still learning Smiley Happy

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Current Mortgage Scores 5/05/23

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputes and Credit Karma

When you say "dispute stats" I think you're referring to dispute "comments" on your account(s).  That's different of course than an account actually being under dispute.  Any account under dispute is usually only there for a short period of time (say, 30 days) so that shouldn't be the case now from a disputed account in 2017.  Comments could still be there of course in the comment field of the account, but that's not the end of the world.

Message 2 of 6
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

@BBS

Yes, the dispute comments, sorry, was first thing this morning and I didn't have enough caffiene in the veins yet. Smiley Wink  It's strange 

because they showed the list of disputes (this was my Equifax credit report) and the latest two disputes were 4/19 and 5/19 on all the

Cap One accounts.  It's like they don't clear!    All four of them had customer disputes this account information in the comments.  The

dispute rep from Cap One confirmed they were active.  Three of them were positve accounts and PIF.  Ugh, lol. 

Sent out another email to CK today, I am starting to get updates from MyFICO that these accounts are updating from Equifax.  I have 

disputes in with TU and Experian and will see how long it takes them to update.  I am hoping for a nice little increase Smiley Happy

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Message 3 of 6
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

Re:UPDATE- Disputes and Credit Karma

Starting to get notifications that the disputes are being updated.  Equifax sent me an email yesterday, still waiting on Experian.  TU, my

dispute timed out so I finished that one this morning.  Things are starting to look up!  I can't wait to see how my score bumps up now that

my Cap One is reporting again.  Smiley Happy

It explains a lot! 

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When you say "dispute stats" I think you're referring to dispute "comments" on your account(s).  That's different of course than an account actually being under dispute.  Any account under dispute is usually only there for a short period of time (say, 30 days) so that shouldn't be the case now from a disputed account in 2017.  Comments could still be there of course in the comment field of the account, but that's not the end of the world.

There's still a coment on  my Discover saying "disspute resolved by bank" or something to that affect, and it's been there for a couple years. 

I wonder if that bothers anyone?

Message 5 of 6
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

Hi Janus

Trying to prep for a mortgage next fall and I'm doing the work over time.  I have read that if there are dispute comments

you aren't able to go conventional, all disputes need to be removed.  After I have my mortgage, I don't care what the comments

say.  It won't bother me any longer.  Smiley Happy

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.