Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing Experian on-line?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputing Experian on-line?

Has anyone found it possible to dispute Experian on-line?  I was turned down for credit and provided the website address.  I filled out all my info and now they want a copy of I.D., a utility bill, and a copy of the letter. 

When I tried to dispute after pulling my CR from myfico, they demanded I.D. and utility bill.  They say it's the interests of my "privacy" and for fraud protection.

BUT.....when I pay them to pull a report, they always let me access it.  I'm assuming this is like the old protocol for insurance companies, deny valid claims or make them extremely hard to file, and you'll have a large percentage of people just give up.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Disputing Experian on-line?

I disputed on line and had to answer a bunch of questions, but did get the dispute through
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only started getting the proof of ID requests a few months ago, leading me to believe the CRA's are getting more savvy with methods to invalidate you and tightening down the process. P's me off because it delays the entire process. And, they send out canned responses that don't even reference the dispute in question so you don't know which one to resubmit with ID. As a matter of practice now I send in a photocopy of my DL, SSN and a utility bill showing my name and address. I have these on hand and send with any disputes (CMRRC) now so they can't pull the "we don't know if it's really you so we're going to do nothing" card.

Message Edited by devhip on 05-22-2007 09:56 AM
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

But if you want to buy anything from them, you could admit you're that nigerian prince who needs you to wire him money over the internet guy, and they'll still give you the info!

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

JMHO, but, the online dispute function for Experian SUCKS.  You have to select your dispute from their pathetic little list or select OTHER and then they only allow you something like 100 words to describe your dispute. Who are they kidding?  This system is set up solely for the purpose of thwarting your attempts to correct their mistakes in your credit history. I say "their" mistakes, because am I to believe that the other two credit reporters get the correct information from a creditor, but poor ole Experian is being fed incorrect information from the same creditors?  Sorry to go on a rant, but I am in the middle of this very dispute, and getting Experian to respond with anything other than a form letter seems to be next to impossible.

Message Edited by KevKaos on 05-22-2007 12:34 PM
Message 5 of 13
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

KevKaos wrote:
JMHO, but, the online dispute function for Experian SUCKS.  You have to select your dispute from their pathetic little list or select OTHER and then they only allow you something like 100 words to describe your dispute. Who are they kidding?  This system is set up solely for the purpose of thwarting your attempts to correct their mistakes in your credit history. I say "their" mistakes, because am I to believe that the other two credit reporters get the correct information from a creditor, but poor ole Experian is being fed incorrect information from the same creditors?  Sorry to go on a rant, but I am in the middle of this very dispute, and getting Experian to respond with anything other than a form letter seems to be next to impossible.

Message Edited by KevKaos on 05-22-2007 12:34 PM

I see you have not tried to dispute online with CSC. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase education loan on my credit report is not mine. It have been remove once before, but now its back on there. Also, someone have been making payments on the account for the last few months and it sure wan't me. This should be removed from my credit report and never returned again.

Message 8 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hi, welcome to the forums!

You posted on a thread that is over three years old. That's fine, but info on old threads is often out of date.

Did you have a question about disputing?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was not out in from 2007 until2010

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.