cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I Call CRA to check on status of Dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I Call CRA to check on status of Dispute?

I filed a few disputes for two judgements on my CR on 4/10/08. I see on my report that they are in dispute. My question is how long do I wait to find out what is going on with the investigation?  I was thinking about calling the courts to see if I could get some help from them with removing them but I don't want to mess up anything with the investigation.  Can someone please advise?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I Call CRA to check on status of Dispute?

How did you file your dispute?

If you filed using your free credit report, they have 45 days to complete the investigation.

If using another report, they have 30 days.

However, if you call they could say you "provided additional information" and extend their time to 45 days.

I'd just let it be until you get your results.

Just a couple more weeks.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed directly through the CRA's site. So you wouldn't advise calling the CRA either to check on status? Thanks for your help.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

goingplaces wrote:
So you wouldn't advise calling the CRA either to check on status?

sidewinder wrote:
However, if you call they could say you "provided additional information" and extend their time to 45 days.

Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

As mentioned, they have until May 25.

I know that if you did it online with EX, then you can check the status. You can do the same with TU online but you won't see the details until the investigation is complete.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.