cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do previous Hard Pulls for Rental Property, Internet service etc count towards credit card app count

tag
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Do previous Hard Pulls for Rental Property, Internet service etc count towards credit card app count

Dear gardeners,
My equifax shows 5 hard pulls in last 12 months but 3 of those are from Comcast for internet service, my cellular company and rental property company when I tried to get an apt, intent connection and cellular connection with NO credit as an immigrant. Of course I had to put in cash as security deposit for all 3 but they show as hard pulls on my EQ report. Will they affect my credit card apps or when applying for credit in general?

I'm not happy with them showing as hard pull :/

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: Do previous Hard Pulls for Rental Property, Internet service etc count towards credit card app c

Yes, but the effect is small.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 2 of 5
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Do previous Hard Pulls for Rental Property, Internet service etc count towards credit card app c

@iv wrote:

Yes, but the effect is small.

As IV stated the impact to your FICO score is minimal.

Your file is going to be thin, so applying for a CC is going to more impacted by how thin your file is rather than the number of inquiries you have. As those inquiries were for establishing creditworthiness and not revolving credit, it is not going to impact your ability to obtain revolving credit in itself. 

If you want to establish a revolving credit card history with a thin file, I would consider either Amex or Discover as they are CCC that are not typically adverse to thin credit files as long as you have no derogatories. 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 3 of 5
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the country. Your scores will not be adversely affected and the impact of an inquiry to your score goes away after 12 months.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP—As previously stated, yes, your scores will be mildly effected just like with any HP. However, if you apply for a CC and are denied for excessive inquiries, a recon with a manual review will show it wasn’t “credit seeking” behavior, rather typical necessary HP when moving to a new area with utility providers you haven’t done business with before. Same thing happened to me virtually every Military move I made every 2-3 years. Just as one batch of HPs were falling off, a new batch appeared with my move. Frustrating yes, impact minimal/negligible.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.