cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does WalletHub update when you sign in, or before?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does WalletHub update when you sign in, or before?

WH usually gives daily TU report updates.  I say usually because every once in a while it seems to miss a day or two.  Anyway, assuming you are getting daily updates (no missed days) and you're signing in every day, does anyone know if the update comes at the moment you sign into your account, or if it just comes at a certain time of the day regardless of when you sign in?

I ask because based on the display you can sort of argue both sides.  If you sign in for the first time on any given day, it presents you with graphics suggesting that it's updating at that moment prior to getting to your main screen.  If you log out and back in, those graphics aren't presented again, suggesting here that the update happened from the initial login.  However, when you log in usually it will say updated "earlier today" in the top left corner, suggestive that perhaps the update came before you logged in. 

I know it's really splitting hairs here over 1 day, or even over a period of hours, but it can make a difference when expecting an update.

For example, I may know that today a certain account of mine is going to be reported with an update.  What I don't know, however, is when.  Let's say it's at 3PM.  If WH updates at the time you sign in, it would make sense to just sign in very late in the day... 8PM-10PM, say, as it would definitely contain the update.  If WH just updates whenever it wants daily, say 9AM, it wouldn't matter when I sign in to WH as the update I'm looking for wouldn't be able to be seen until the next day anyway.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does WalletHub update when you sign in, or before?

It updates at 6:00AM ET everyday. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

It updates at 6:00AM ET everyday. 

Beat me to it. 👍 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good info, guys!  So, basically your 6AM update covers everything from the previous day then.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok my bad, just saw the last message, so it's a day behind?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok my bad, just saw the last message, so it's a day behind?

Indirectly, yes, because if it's updating at 6AM and updates are made to credit bureau data during business hours, the 6AM update would be taking care of everything reported/updated the previous day.   Then anything happening (changes) after 6AM wouldn't then be seen until the following day, after the next 6AM update.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.