Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreams about credit.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dreams about credit.

Since I've found this forum I find I think about my credit and scores all day long. It can at times get very stressful. If I only understood the way credit scoring worked all along I don't think I would of let things go in the past like I have. I got stuck in the thinking that my credit already sucks so why worry about it. Wow, now I know that was the worse way of thinking I could of had. Now my stress has followed me to bed as well. I'm now even dreaming about bills and credit. Anyone else having the stress of their credit issues haunting your dreams?
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dreams about credit.

they're called late-mares Smiley Tongue
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

moodringgrl wrote:
Since I've found this forum I find I think about my credit and scores all day long. It can at times get very stressful. If I only understood the way credit scoring worked all along I don't think I would of let things go in the past like I have. I got stuck in the thinking that my credit already sucks so why worry about it. Wow, now I know that was the worse way of thinking I could of had. Now my stress has followed me to bed as well. I'm now even dreaming about bills and credit. Anyone else having the stress of their credit issues haunting your dreams?

Yep, see my post from a couple months ago about my Target-mare.

Message 3 of 22
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Yes moodring, welcome to the club! I have fico dreams all the time and it does get a little stressful. I am better now that my collection is gone but I now I have "latemares" about missing a cc payment. That's when xanax comes in handySmiley Wink
Message 4 of 22
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

LOL! Too funny!Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have gotten up in the middle of the night to check & be sure that I paid something on time. I almost fell down the stairs running.

I try now NOT to check all CC everyday. I think Im down to 2 or 3 times a week! But when DH ask me how much we have in the bank  lmao  I have to look!
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm actually having BETTER dreams since finding this site!!
I used to have "latemares" like Happy Days & I would obsessively check & re-check my bank account & bill accounts to make sure the money had actually gotten there...
Now that I've found this site, I feel so much more empowered that I CAN and WILL be a credit goddess!
But on nights that I can't sleep simply because I'm composing GW and DV letters in my head, and listing the billion letters to write & credit reports to check, I take some OTC melatonin & Sleepy Time Tea Smiley Happy

...and occasionally a xanax Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

The ability to sleep better at night is one of the great rewards of getting your financial life straightened out.

When you get to the point in the future, and you will, where you have a very low DTI, no collection agencies calling you, you're basically debt free (except to the useful extent you want yourself to be), and you have 8 months of living expenses set up in your emergency fund, not only will you sleep better, but you'll feel better and be more confident, too.

Debt is a form of legalized slavery. One you are free, you will feel stronger and resolved never to return to a state of peonage again.
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

watchnerd wrote:
The ability to sleep better at night is one of the great rewards of getting your financial life straightened out.

When you get to the point in the future, and you will, where you have a very low DTI, no collection agencies calling you, you're basically debt free (except to the useful extent you want yourself to be), and you have 8 months of living expenses set up in your emergency fund, not only will you sleep better, but you'll feel better and be more confident, too.

Debt is a form of legalized slavery. One you are free, you will feel stronger and resolved never to return to a state of peonage again.

Why do you assume that those posting on this thread aren't where they want to be financially?

I don't think anyone here said anything about collection agencies calling or drowning in debt.

To the contrary, from what I gather from the prior posts, most on this thread seem to have learned their lessons from mistakes in the past, and are obsessive about not doing anything to end up in that situation ever again.

Message Edited by cheddar on 03-30-2008 10:03 PM
Message 9 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I dream about posting... Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.