Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Recovery Solutions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Recovery Solutions

I received a call yesterday from DRS and claimed they had bought a debt from MBNA. The delinquent date was 11/09. The lady was adamant that I settle with her over the phone. The collection is not on my credit report so I disregarded her claim. Today, I was emailed a bill from them with a list of available settlement options. In the last paragraph of the bill was written:
"The law limits how long you can be sued on a debt. Because of the age of your debt, CACH, LLC will not sue you for it and CACH, LLC will not report it to any credit reporting agency."

Is this just an effort for me to pay on a Zombie debt and not be worried? TIA
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Dynamic Recovery Solutions

Statute of limitations in your state is?

But yes, it sounds like an old debt that was bought out and they are hoping to collect. Being that's it's over 7 years old I'd imagine that it's not showing up on any recent credit report you've pulled?  Might be worth doing however if you've not done so yet.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer  ;-) 

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx for the reply. I believe in Florida the SOL is 5 years. After the phone call, I pulled a couple credit reports and nothing showed up. I also monitor through Credit Karma and Credit Sesame pretty often. Guess I'll continue to monitor and if they continue to call, I'll send them a letter to stop contact.
Message 3 of 19
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like a great plan.

Gotta ask being that you're brandy new here (and welcome to the forum!)...

Gasman1?  in the fuel business or?  

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx! I actually work in the Natural Gas Transmission field.
Message 5 of 19
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Nice!... 17 years for me on the propane side of things that go boom.

Welcome again to the forum. I've learned more here in the last couple three months than all the years before doing it the hard way. Hope the same experience benefits you as well. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate that. I've finally put all the negatives behind me financially so now I'm just trying to preserve what positives I have now. Look forward to being a part of the community.
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just send them a drop dead letter.
Message 8 of 19
Berk
Established Contributor

Yep, send them the letter. If you Google "Zombie time barred debt collection letter" or somthing similar, you will find a number of sample letters you can send. What you don't want to do over the phone is acknowledge in any way, shape, or form that the debt is or ever was yours. You don't want to tell them anything other than to stop calling you. Do not engage them in conversation unless you are very careful what you tell them. I've been getting calls on the same (now) 35 year old debt for the past 10 years as the debt gets sold from one collector to the other. I have my letter saved, just pop in the appropriate info, send it certified, return receipt requested and never hear from them again.

You can also search these forums for advice on what to do.

Sending them the letter will certainly stop the phone calls - at least from this collection agency.

Message 9 of 19
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

answering a call from debt collector is a huge mistake you have to contact them or reply them than do always in writing good luck

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.