cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQUIFAX the torture

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Contributor

Re: EQUIFAX the torture

Yup I filed a complaint with the CFPB because they refuse to correct info and I just got a letter in the mail from them saying they couldn't verify my identity. So now I have to dig up my birth certificate and send them a copy along with my driver's license or something. I also got an email from the CFPB saying that EQ was still working on my complaint. 

I’m probably never finding that garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 11 of 13
Valued Contributor

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

Yup I filed a complaint with the CFPB because they refuse to correct info and I just got a letter in the mail from them saying they couldn't verify my identity. So now I have to dig up my birth certificate and send them a copy along with my driver's license or something. I also got an email from the CFPB saying that EQ was still working on my complaint. 

Don't forget to file a complaint with your State Attorney General. 

Message 12 of 13
Established Contributor

@Hasselfree wrote:

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

Don't forget to file a complaint with your State Attorney General. 

How do I do that? I'm in California. 

I’m probably never finding that garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.