cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Changed

chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Equifax Changed

EQ changed their dispute site its much better than before, go check it out, im impressedSmiley LOLHeart

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
M_Smart007
Epic Contributor

Re: Equifax Changed

@chhull00 wrote:

EQ changed their dispute site its much better than before, go check it out, im impressedSmiley LOLHeart

i'd be impressed if EQ changed anything, and it actually worked! I will check it out.

Message 2 of 5
M_Smart007
Epic Contributor

@chhull00 wrote:

well after the 8-10 Minutes to log in, EQ runs at 9600 baud Modem speed or less.

I did see The different Dispute page. Probably changed it after about 1,000,000 complaints.

After reading EQ Dispute Nightmares, glad I do not have anything to dispute.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never saw the page prior to the change, so can someone give a quick rundown of how it improved?

Message 4 of 5
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Equifax is awful to deal with, in my experience. They demanded my birth certificate to verify my identity. By that point, I wondered if they might be a criminal or quasi-criminal organization and refused to provide it. The reason they wanted my birth certificate is that I called to ask for a dispute status, and the person I spoke with (who had a thick accent and was difficult to understand) asked me "security questions" involving accounts I've never heard of, along with asking me "the minimum payment" on my "credit card." I had three or four cards at the time and didn't know which she meant, and didn't know what moment in time she was looking at. After I guessed wrong, she said I was locked out, and could no longer verify without sending the birth certificate. Could go on (haven't even gotten into the reason for the dispute, which was also demented), but they really do seem like they are run by some Mafia-adjacent person or maybe are secretly owned by the Russian government, something VERY weird about Equifax. I wish they'd go away.

FICO Resilience Index: 69. Cards: 10/24, 3/12, 3/6. Accounts including loans: 12/24, 4/12, 4/6. At first accidentally, later deliberately, I used what I call the "thick-start" build method, which leads to heavy credit-seeking for a while with the goal of coming out of it without needing to build a thin profile for years. There are pros and cons. Thread describing method
Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan

Card CLs total $151,100, not counting the AU card. The AU card brings the total to $177,600. In 03/19, card CLs totaled $0.
CU and bank memberships: Coastal Credit Union, joined 1987, direct deposit; PenFed, joined 2019; Navy Federal, joined 2020; USAA, joined 2020; Chase Bank, joined 2020. Best: Coastal, worst: NFCU. I have had weird Keystone Kops customer service problems with NFCU several times, despite their reputation here.

Closed but still on reports: American Express Gold, NPSL, 08/19-06/21 | American Express Delta Gold, $1,000, 09/19-10/20 | American Express Hilton Aspire, $3,100, 09/19-12/20 | Citi secured, $200, 04/19-09/19 | Capital One secured, $300, 04/19-08/19 | My Jewelers Club, $5,000, 05/19-08/19 | Green Dot Primor, $300, 05/19-08/19 | Self Lender secured $500 loan, 04/19-01/20 | Unsecured personal loan from Coastal, $1,000, 06/19-08/19.
Note: My signature is updated frequently, and updates appear on all instances of my signature including on old posts.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.