Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Disputes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Disputes

Has anyone had any success with Equifax and disputes? I actually sent them a copy of my 1099 showing that my foreclosure date was in March 2014 and they refuse to change the date on my credit report (theirs currently reads November 2014). I also am listed as an authorized user on my husband's line of credit but was never on his account.   I submit my documents and request and almost immediately, they deny the request. Transunion and Experian updated both of these accounts with no problems.  I'm at a loss. I'm not sure what to do if I cannot even get them to change it with the proof. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax Disputes

I would work with the creditor to resolve the issue and have them re-report the trade lines.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax Disputes

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone had any success with Equifax and disputes? I actually sent them a copy of my 1099 showing that my foreclosure date was in March 2014 and they refuse to change the date on my credit report (theirs currently reads November 2014). I also am listed as an authorized user on my husband's line of credit but was never on his account.   I submit my documents and request and almost immediately, they deny the request. Transunion and Experian updated both of these accounts with no problems.  I'm at a loss. I'm not sure what to do if I cannot even get them to change it with the proof. 

Do you know any one who can get a copy of the foreclosure deed?  This will show the actual date.   Depending on the state you might know some one who can pull it from title searcher or crs.  Once you have the actual foreclosure deed you can dispute the date.  Equifax uses a lot of third party sources and I have had them validate items that were very wrong.  You may  end up going through the CFPB.  They, cra  got to  meet my DW's  friend the consumer attorney.  Our problems were from a person who had  very similar name, age, and line of work and lived within 50 miles of us. Debtors kept trying to go for DW thinking it it DW and then the CRA would report the items belong to the other person as DW.  DW collected lots on money from being a "victim".  DW  appears in the recon database as a person who is known to sue debt collectors and win. Now she gets a lot less calls. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.