Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax mailing problems

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax mailing problems

Hi all,

I tried sending a copy of my passport and SSN to verify my identity. I sent to the following address: 

Equifax Information Services LLC

P.O. Box 740256

Atlanta, GA 30374-0256

But every time the tracking number of USPS told me that it arrived at 30348. I knew there are several EQ po boxes at this zip code. I just want to know is the above address correct? Anyone successfully sent anything to it?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax mailing problems

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I tried sending a copy of my passport and SSN to verify my identity. I sent to the following address: 

P.O. Box 740256

Atlanta, GA 30374-0256

But every time the tracking number of USPS told me that it arrived at 30348. I knew there are several EQ po boxes at this zip code. I just want to know is the above address correct? Anyone successfully sent anything to it?

Thanks.

That's the one I've been using with success.  Always send at least certified for $4 so you can track and have proof of delivery!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I don't know why. I tracked the letter and it always arrived at 30348. When was your last successful delivery to 30374?

Message 3 of 8
trusty
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

P.O. Box 740256

Atlanta, GA 30374-0256

Thanks.

If you can get into the Equifax Online Dispute system, you can also Upload documents with a dispute. All you have to dispute is something like an incorrect old address or something, and then attach the documents, and someone will get it.

Unless, of course, you're needing to submit identity documents because you cannot access the online system. Then, you would just proceed via mail. I would just verify their address on their website, as they tend to change or rotate departments over time.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is exactly the reason I am mailing Equifax, to verify my identity. There are sensitive documents in my letter so I am really freaking out about the potential identity theft.

Message 5 of 8
trusty
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That is exactly the reason I am mailing Equifax, to verify my identity. There are sensitive documents in my letter so I am really freaking out about the potential identity theft.

A lot of times, it's just an old address, or slight misspelling that can prevent access.

I would try a Credit Check Total trial. Sometimes you can get in through CCT and find out what addresses you need to put with each credit bureau, in order to gain access.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I don't know why. I tracked the letter and it always arrived at 30348. When was your last successful delivery to 30374?

About a week ago.  Give them a week to start processing your dispute and give them a call to verify they've recieved it.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Were you able to resolve this? I am having a similar issue with USPS tracking

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

P.O. Box 740256

Atlanta, GA 30374-0256

Thanks.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.