Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Monthly Free FICO 8

tag
digitek
Established Contributor

Experian Monthly Free FICO 8

Just got an email that Experian will now give you free FICO 8 score monthly if you have one of their free accounts with them. They will show you your free credit report with them and also free credit monitoring.

If you have a free Credit Karma account you can see your free TransUnion and Equifax credit reports, too. Scores on Credit Karma are Vantage, though, and not FICO 8.

Just thought I'd share the info, Experian's phone app is pretty well done and I'd recommend that as well.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Experian Monthly Free FICO 8

Thanks for the tip.

I use wallethub.com for free daily VantageScore reports too.
Message 2 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@digitek wrote:
Just got an email that Experian will now give you free FICO 8 score monthly if you have one of their free accounts with them. They will show you your free credit report with them and also free credit monitoring.

If you have a free Credit Karma account you can see your free TransUnion and Equifax credit reports, too. Scores on Credit Karma are Vantage, though, and not FICO 8.

Just thought I'd share the info, Experian's phone app is pretty well done and I'd recommend that as well.

I second Experian phone app!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had Experian App for a month or two... It's pretty good.

I also use Credit Sesame, Credit Karma, WalletHub, NerdWallet, Rocket HQ, CreditWise (with Cap1), and Turbo.

I downloaded them all one day apart, so basically I have free daily reporting (Vantage 3.0 anyway). It's my little "hack" and works quite well.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm. That sounds like Experian CreditWorks Basic. Its been around at least a year and a half (I started using it August of 2018). Montly free report and FICO 8 score. It even has alerts

https://www.experian.com/consumer-products/compare-credit-report-and-score-products.html

Message 5 of 8
babbles
Established Contributor

just  noticed someting about EX's credit 3 bureau monitoring service, it dosen't actually alert you to activity on your other reports, only their files so for that reason I will only use FICO.com 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@babbles wrote:

just  noticed someting about EX's credit 3 bureau monitoring service, it dosen't actually alert you to activity on your other reports, only their files so for that reason I will only use FICO.com 

Actually it does alert you to inquiries on your other reports but it's correct that you would have to have myFICO to get balance and other alerts. They're delayed anyway on myFICO so I just use Experian app for daily Experian, WalletHub for daily Transunion, and Credit Karma for Equifax when I need it. 

No way will I pay $40 a month unless I'm going for a mortgage and even then I get my EQ5 free from DCU and me EX2 free from EX so I know my middle is at least the lower of those two numbers so I could still avoid spending the money. 

Message 7 of 8
babbles
Established Contributor

I compared Fico to EX for alerts from last month and EX caught nothing but their activity, that's a fact that I saw

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.