cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Score Pulled by CU Differs?

tag
seattleitbofh

Experian Score Pulled by CU Differs?

I'm in the process of getting a vehicle refinance loan. The CU I'm working with did a pull on Experian on Dec 2, and returned my credit score as a 677. 

I have an account with Experian, and they reported my credit score to be 712 on Dec 2, with a FICO score of 696. The banker I spoke with said that Experian offers "several different products", and that the scores could be skewed as a result.

Does this sound right???

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian Score Pulled by CU Differs?

They may have pulled the "auto enhanced" FICO score used by auto lenders.

Message 2 of 6
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Or the mortgage version - that's what my CU pulled and it was 40 points lower than my FICO 08 score from the same (both TU).
Message 3 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@seattleitbofh wrote:

Does this sound right??? 

Scoring models is a very common topic.  Don't overlook the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and its stickies.  It's not so much the different products that Experian offers but the different products that FICO offers.  FICO's are a product of the Fair Isaac Corporation, not Experian.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-version...

Message 4 of 6
seattleitbofh

There was no mention of FICO anywhere on the credit score document the banker printed off for me, so this would be FAKO

Message 5 of 6
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Likely not, but possible.

Most likely a result of different scoring models.
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.