cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian down 4 points, Trans Union up 3..whaaa?

tag
Mshellt
New Contributor

Experian down 4 points, Trans Union up 3..whaaa?

lol Capital One Journey card just upped my credit limit from 300.00 to 3,000.00! Wooohoo! I expected my fico scores would all go up a bit too. But instead, Experian went down 4 points because one of my cards appeared to be paid off and Trans Union went up..for the same reason. Paid off card. Why why why? I am not sensing the logic here.

Starting Score: 630
Current Score:Equifax: 776 TransUnion: 746 Experian: 747

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian down 4 points, Trans Union up 3..whaaa?

If you haven't noticed, the relation of score changes vs events isnt exactly accurate with the 3b service. You have to look at the totality of changes and use logic, because the computer system myFico uses does not.

At an example, I saw a 12 point increase for a reported address change, but the same day saw a new AU credit card on a thin file without any credit cards on it get no score change. You can see how they were probably switched.

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Experian down 4 points, Trans Union up 3..whaaa?

@Mshellt wrote:

Why why why? I am not sensing the logic here.

You're probably not accounting for all changes.  You'd have to carefully compare reports before and after the scoring changes.  IMO a delta of 3 or 4 points isn't worth fretting over.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.