Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian not showing derogatory mark but transunion and equifax do

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian not showing derogatory mark but transunion and equifax do

First of thanks to all who gave me a great advice to pay off a forgotten barclay credit card $19 balance that ended up being $272 with late fee and interest. This was about 6 months ago. I paid off as adviced and wrote them a couple of letters. But Baeclay said they can only update the balance to 0 which they did. I follow my credit score through credit journey and citi card, I know vantage score is not accurate as fico but about two weeks ago the chase experian report says I have 0 derogatory and 0 collection. But with citicard  equifax 729 which has improved slowly since paying the charge off and discover credit card fico is 708 both still show serious delinquency. What should I do about these two credit reports? If barclay did not drop the delinquency do I still write more good will letters. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Experian not showing derogatory mark but transunion and equifax do

I don't have an answer to your question.

However, $1 you can obtain your 3 bureau FICO 8 scores and reports at Experian or CreditCheckTotal (part of Experian). Cancel in 7 day or less to avoid the re-occurring monthly charge. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat as needed.

AnnualCreditReport. Free weekly 3 bureau online reports through April 2021.

Free credit reports (disregard the VantageScore 3.0 score) at:
Credit Karma for weekly TU and EQ reports.
WalletHub for daily TU report.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

While a creditor is not required to report to any CRA, once they choose to do so, they incur a legal obligation to update any reporting so as to maintain its current accuracy. FCRA 623(a)(2).

If reporting is considered to be inaccurate or incomplete, the consumer can file a dispute under FCRA 611 and require investigate of accuracy or completeness by the furnisher, and reinvestigation by the CRA.

In the scenario where a creditor chooses to delete what is otherwise accurate information from only one or more CRAs and mintain the reporting with one or more other CRA, the technical basis for a dispute would be with the CRA with which the accurate information is not reported or has been deleted, as that reporting would technically now be inaccurate/incomplete.

A dispute would not be with a CRA with which the infornation is still being reported, as that reporting is accurate and complete.

However, in most cases, a consumer usually chooses not to dispute reportinf that has removed or does not report derogatory information, as that is not usually beneficial to scoring with that CRA.

Your choice whether or not to dispute, but if you do, it would be with the CRA to which the derog has been removed, and not a CRA to which it is still being reported.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thabks Allzero and Rober, 

I will just try good will letters and not be bothered about this for now. Hopefully all CRA remove the derogatory by some luck. Thankfull for this community. Anyone with charge off please pay it of if possible with trying to remove the negative score from your report.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.