Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian now impossible to contact?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian now impossible to contact?

I have called experian before and followed the prompts to speak with a live person. Today, I've tried for 30 minutes at every number listed for them only to be thrown into the same loop over and over asking if I would like to freeze my credit or order a report/score. I've tried both of these options and they are an automated system. There seem to be no other options or any way to actually do anything other than these two prompts. Did something change I'm not aware of? My score dropped 27 points today because for some reason a collection that had been on my report for 6 years all of the sudden decided to report a late payment and a one month payment term. This makes no sense, as I have no arrangement with them and nothing has ever been reported by them before other than the fact of it being a collection and the collection amount. I'm lost
4 REPLIES 4
DeschutesMyVaronis
Valued Member

Re: Experian now impossible to contact?

I ran into the same issue yesterday trying to get a live person on the general numbers. After about 15 minutes of trying, I gave up. My issue wasn't even about my credit report. I found a typo on their website and wanted to report it. 

I did find an email, so far no response in last 24 hours besides automated email saying case was created.

customersupport@experian.com

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can’t help you with the contact thing but I can say that it’s not at all unusual for collections to suddenly start reporting late after being dormant, especially once they have around a year left before they’ll be removed. They do this to intentionally crush your score and hope that you’ll reach out to deal with them. It’s shady but it’s allowed. Your score dropped the same amount that it would have been suppressed all this time if the collection had been reporting a late every month and it’s likely that going forward from now to the exclusion date they will update the collection monthly to keep your score suppressed.

Best of luck with Experian, I can’t stand dealing with them or Equifax. Since it’s the beginning of the month, it’s possible that they are being inundated with calls so you’re getting constantly kicked back to the IVR.
Message 3 of 5
satio
Frequent Contributor

I solved a similar problem in their endless automated loop by calling and choosing the option that I was a business.

That will get you a live person.

Then you can ask the person to transfer you to the appropriate department pertaining to your issue.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@satio nice work!!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.