cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FA alert removal with EQ CAN be done over the phone!

tag
torry590
Regular Contributor

FA alert removal with EQ CAN be done over the phone!

I called a backdoor number and got a live agent, she verified some info, deleted my Fraud Alert (that was added in error) as well as some previous addresses. Saves time and stamps for me! 

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JcT21
Frequent Contributor

Re: FA alert removal with EQ CAN be done over the phone!

yes, its very convenient and a lot faster than sending in documents.  however the same can be done with experian and transunion also.   i recently had fraud alerts removed from each bureau over the phone. 

fico scores - March 2024:
TU - 727 | EX - 732 | EQ - 736 |
TCL - 168K - UTIL - less than 1%
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: FA alert removal with EQ CAN be done over the phone!

Congress was so concerned that fraud alerts be easy and convenient to place by consumers that it explicitly incorporated into the FCRA itslef the provision that the CRAs are to make requests for fraud alerts simple and eacy, including by telephone.  HOwever, that is tempered by the ovious need to ensure that only the named consuemr is actually making the request, so they are still permitted to first require proof of identity.

Requests to remove a fraud alert dont have the same stated "by phone" intent statement within the FCRA itself due to potential damage of unauthroized removal, so the CRAs are usually a bit tougher in requesting proof of identity.

I, for one, would not like to see the process of removal become too easy such that it could routinely be done by phone.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.