Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO 9

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO 9

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed. My file is dirty/thick/aged. My 8 delinquencies are 90 day late student loan payments. They  should fall off <12 months. Not to get too much in the weeds but I lost about 25 points on F8 when I deleted an au account. The reason given was not enough accounts paid on time. I think my 9's are somewhat similar to my mortgage scores- limiting the # of accounts with balances and inquiries helps those scores a lot. 

@Anonymous you are in a mature delinquency Scorecard. Yes number of accounts paid on time as a Scoring Metric and it doesn't look at individual delinquencies, but instead looks at the number or percentage of accounts with perfect payment history, I believe.

It appears you were on a threshold. Can you tell us how many accounts you had with perfect payment history and how many had delinquencies before and after that score change and negative Reason code shift?

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there @Anonymous 

Before removing i had 29 accounts total includes 11 revolving and 19 installment; 8 were negative the remaining perfect payments reason codes; I had one au account entirely deleted. 

I'm having a little difficulties with. The site: these are current negative reason codes with my lower score. 

EQ - none listed

TU- serious delinquency, loan balances, short account  history, bad payment history 

EX- 

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey there @Anonymous 

Before removing i had 29 accounts total includes 11 revolving and 19 installment; 8 were negative the remaining perfect payments reason codes; I had one au account entirely deleted. 

I'm having a little difficulties with. The site: these are current negative reason codes with my lower score. 

EQ - none listed

TU- serious delinquency, loan balances, short account  history, bad payment history 

EX- 

@Anonymous thank you for the data points and response. I hope you have a great new year!

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

You too! Maybe the threshold is over 10 good accounts. I just checked again. still nothing from Equifax but Experian reason codes are mentioned below. 

EX - serious delinquency;  short account history; loan balances; few accounts paid on time. 

My must recent reports (11/2020)

scores 720/725/722 

negative reason codes 

EQ/TU/EX

You have a serious delinquency (60 days past due or greater) or derogatory indicator on your credit report.
EQ/TU/EX
The remaining balance on your mortgage or non-mortgage installment loans is relatively high.
EQ
You have one or more accounts showing missed payments or derogatory indicators.

TU/EX
You have a short credit history.

This is from Sept 8. My scores were 725/746/745 (i believe my highest ever; my thought was to remove AU and increase my AAoA, but it backfired);

Negative Reason Codes:
EQ/TU/EX
You have a serious delinquency (60 days past due or greater) or derogatory indicator on your credit report.
EQ/TU/EX
The remaining balance on your mortgage or non-mortgage installment loans is relatively high.
EQ/

September 28 (AU accounts 1 removed and1 closed  )

SCORES 715/729/718
NEGATIVE REASON CODES: 

EQ/TU/EX

EQ/TU/EX

EQ/

TU/EX

Weird...age actually increased but new code popped up. The difference was the accounts dropping off. 

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for the data. You may be right. I don’t know if it’s a number or a percentage.

You could always put the authorized user account back on.
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, that one I can't. My dad passed away and it was his. I have another au card from chase with my aunt but they haven't added it to my credit file. I was thinking of calling them and asking them too. I'm conflicted because now that I got the 38 year joint BOA credit card  once my negatives fall off next year, the chase AU will lower my aaoa. I'm not sure. I can add it & delete later if necessary. 

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, that one I can't. My dad passed away and it was his. I have another au card from chase with my aunt but they haven't added it to my credit file. I was thinking of calling them and asking them too. I'm conflicted because now that I got the 38 year joint BOA credit card  once my negatives fall off next year, the chase AU will lower my aaoa. I'm not sure. I can add it & delete later if necessary. 

@Anonymous i'd say test that you can always remove it later. 

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem! I'm calling now.

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You too! Maybe the threshold is over 10 good accounts. I just checked again. still nothing from Equifax but Experian reason codes are mentioned below. 

EX - serious delinquency;  short account history; loan balances; few accounts paid on time. 

My must recent reports (11/2020)

scores 720/725/722 

negative reason codes 

EQ/TU/EX

EQ/TU/EX
EQ

TU/EX

This is from Sept 8. My scores were 725/746/745 (i believe my highest ever; my thought was to remove AU and increase my AAoA, but it backfired);

Negative Reason Codes:
EQ/TU/EX
EQ/TU/EX
EQ/

September 28 (AU accounts 1 removed and1 closed  )

SCORES 715/729/718
NEGATIVE REASON CODES: 

EQ/TU/EX

EQ/TU/EX

EQ/

TU/EX

Weird...age actually increased but new code popped up. The difference was the accounts dropping off. 

I have wondered if they are relating this to age of revolvers. I will post some DPs/SSs, but my SO had "excellent" age and then his oldest and only CC aged off and he started getting this code, too. I have some odd DPs regarding age of accounts where I think they dont simply account for overall AAoA and AoOA, but also AoORA/AAoRA. It may all be fluff, but it is from MyFuco, so worth noting. I will invlude my DPs for my ages, too, to show how bizarre and possible it is. You will have to give me a but to compile this.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous that's true we should examine aging factors as well. You said your average age went up, but what about the average age of revolving accounts or the age of oldest revolving account? And how old is your most recent delinquency? If I may ask. 

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.