Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Report

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

FICO Report

I am sure many people asked this question before. What is the difference between the FICO report we pay $19.95 and get it from FICO and the FICO scores credit card companies provide for no cost ?

3 REPLIES 3
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: FICO Report

Different versions which weigh various aspects of your report differently. Some CCCs offer true FICOs (Discover offers TU FICO 8), but most give other versions which aren't all that useful.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Different versions which weigh various aspects of your report differently. Some CCCs offer true FICOs (Discover offers TU FICO 8), but most give other versions which aren't all that useful.

Thanks. Just now I pulled Free Discover CreditScore Card. It says it is FICO based on Exp. Not sure how different it is from the Report we buy from FICO.

Message 3 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

No, the Discover scorecard is different. That one gives you your EX FICO 8 once a month, which I can assure you is no different than the EX FICO 8 you would get here or from EX directly. I know because I have the EX monitoring service and the scores matched exactly. I meant when you have a discover credit card account, on your monthly statement they give you a free TU FICO 8. Discover scorecard is different.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.