Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score headed to zero -

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO score headed to zero -

So I have no debt, no mortgage no car loans, all paid off. My FICO last year (2018) was 825. Now its around 325 an falling, on its way to zero...... I have a high networth and high income. I feel like i'm being penalized for not carring any debt and "playing the game".  I have no interest in having a credit card, or getting a small loan just so i make payments to rebuild credit!

Im sure theres nothing i can do about this??? 

Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO score headed to zero -

This doesn't sound correct.  Do you have delinqeinces , collections, late payments etc...?  

Message 2 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

God no. Never had a late payment - ever - and always paid any loans off or CC cards off early. 

Message 3 of 64
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

First off I have never seen a score that low?

If your “were” 825 in 2018 you had to have accounts reporting and they would continue to report up to 10 years even if closed.

This just doesn’t add up at all...........
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 64
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have no debt, no mortgage no car loans, all paid off. My FICO last year (2018) was 825. Now its around 325 an falling, on its way to zero...... I have a high networth and high income. I feel like i'm being penalized for not carring any debt and "playing the game".  I have no interest in having a credit card, or getting a small loan just so i make payments to rebuild credit!

Im sure theres nothing i can do about this??? 

Where are you getting your alleged score from?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, no one can tell me why its falling.  Credit Carma makes recomendations for me and encurrages me to take a loans for credit building.  Any idea?

Message 6 of 64
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Credit Karma does not provide FICO scores, only VantageScore 3.0 scores. To have a score that low would have to have some devastating negative information. FICO scores do not go to 0. The bottom number varies by the score type, but generally it is a number in the 300s, and even those who have filed bankruptcy recently or have every single account late don’t have scores that low.

You can get a free Experian FICO 8 score at creditscorecard.com

There is no need to carry debt and pay interest in order to have good credit scores.
Message 7 of 64
AllZero
Mega Contributor

In addition to the above, you can get your 3 bureau FICO 8 scores for $1. Go to experian.com or creditchecktotal.com, cancel in 7 days or less to avoid the re-occurring charge.

Message 8 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well thats what I thought.  I figuared if my score was 825 serval years ago it would remain there. It's acting like i have pasted away or something, it's slowly falling since i have had no reportable information................

Message 9 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 3 credit agencies

Message 10 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.