Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finance charges on statement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finance charges on statement

Currently, I'm financing a new small business with my credit cards. I make minimum payments on them every month. However, I notice that every billing cycle my providers do charge me their financial charges taking money off my balance left. So, if I have $50 left in my balance and the finance charges are $27, then I end up with $23 balance. Is there a way to have the finance charges added to my monthly statement instead of being deducted from my credit available by the end of the billing cycle?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Finance charges on statement

I don't think so. The lender wants its money upfront since it has already given you a grace period.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 3
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Finance charges on statement

The end of the billing cycle is usually the day the statement cuts so either way the result is the same. Using your example,if you have $50 available (I'm assuming you meant that and not the balance) and finance charges are $27 then if it gets added to the statement you will have $23 available. If it gets added to the balance you'll still have $23 available.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.