Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing CB question

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Freezing CB question

If you freeze lets say EQ can you still pull a credit report and score on any other crdit website for ex. my fico.com? Also do your current creditotrs still the power to sp your report?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Freezing CB question

Somebody...... Smiley Happy

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 2 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

Myfico seems to be able to pull your EQ report even when it's frozen. However not for EX.

Current creditors can still SP you
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Having a freeze should never prevent you from pulling your own report.  That is to keep non current creditors from doing so.

Message 4 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

Several CMS sites, including experian and equifax FAKO score services cannot seem to pull any reports when file is frozen. The only way to pull a report from them is to buy a report directly or to dispute something or through the adverse action free report.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Ok you are talking 3rd party reports.

I have a freeze and have no problem getting my EX from EX.

Message 6 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

If you need an immediate answer then a discussion forum is the wrong place to ask.  Wait at least a day (certainly more than 50 minutes) for responses.

Google will yield much faster responses:

https://www.google.com/search?q=credit+report+security+freeze&rlz=1C1CHKZ_enUS437US437&oq=credit+rep...

Don't overlook site restricted searches as well:

https://www.google.com/search?q=credit+report+security+freeze&rlz=1C1CHKZ_enUS437US437&oq=credit+rep...

Message 7 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

If you need an immediate answer then a discussion forum is the wrong place to ask.  Wait at least a day (certainly more than 50 minutes) for responses.

Google will yield much faster responses:

Don't overlook site restricted searches as well:

The internet may give faster responses but not all of them can be reliable.

Message 8 of 11
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the response! Got it cleared.

Message 9 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Ok you are talking 3rd party reports.

I have a freeze and have no problem getting my EX from EX.

yea that's what i thought he was asking about.

sorry for the misunderstanding. looks like I got confused.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.